Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    You have issues.

Oh wow, what a genius comeback. Maybe try telling us why you feel he’s still relevant in the tournament scene. Would you like a link to his finishes?

Here you go, averages in the 70’s-90’s for the last couple of years.

https://www.bassmaster.com/angler/david-fritts/stats/

2. #FRB
    Fritts is a crankbait God in my opinion. I'd love to spend a day with him fishing to pick his brain since I'm a crankbait junkie myself.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Flashers..Vexilar and Marcum are very much still in use in the ice fishing world.

4. Member
    You young punks have no respect for the guys that made our sport. If Clunn and Fritts want to fish till they’re 90, by god they earned it.

5. Member
    Can you flash it forward...?

6. Member
    I still prefer a flasher for just running down the lake.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Do you have any Bassmaster Classic wins? You aren’t allowed to have an opinion, unless you have one, you know!

I guess I missed his profile on Bassmasters, let me look again…

Welp, didn’t see it there. You know what they should do, form a new league, with a bunch of old guys, who get their butts kicked by all the kids. Oh wait, that’s the BPT… I mean, I get it, who wants to see potentially the best anglers, when we have guys who aren’t competitive anymore. Might as well put Randy Blauket in the elites, at least his whining would be entertaining.

Isn’t every crankbait made, supposed to be a Fritts design? Almost swear he was the Rapala DT series guy, maybe the Berkley Dredger guy, the Poes guy, who else???
    If you knew David Fritts history, you might understand these things. He is one of the best crankbait fishermen in the game and is considered an expert in bait design. He fished for Poe's back in the day when sponsorships were very limited, but Rapala wanted him badly to help them break into the southern bass market. He designed the revered DT series which is one of the most popular crankbaits on the market. After they signed some of the younger guys like DeFoe, Wheeler, Palaniuk, etc. they really cut back on the contract offered to Fritts. Berkley was all too happy to pick him up and he has done a lot to help them in the hard-bait business. Perhaps you should try designing some baits and see how many companies want to sign you up?

Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    No one, he is irrelevant now and should retire.
    Sad the lack of respect some people have for the pioneers of our hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Oh wow, what a genius comeback. Maybe try telling us why you feel he’s still relevant in the tournament scene. Would you like a link to his finishes?

Here you go, averages in the 70’s-90’s for the last couple of years.

https://www.bassmaster.com/angler/david-fritts/stats/
    And you have this knucklehead too. You feel the same about Rick Clunn too? Maybe Tommy Biffle? What about Denny Brauer before he hung it up?

10. Member
    It's kind of funny how butt hurt people get when someone talks about how it's time for some of the old timers to retire...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rid 05 198 View Post
    Can you flash it forward...?
    You can in ice fishing. Guys have used it this way to find weeds and fish.Just spin it around or put it 90degree on a stick and look around.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    The original "Live sonar"
    Pretty much! Unlike the slight processing delay on the LCD screen, the flasher return is almost instant. Love using it fishing drop spoons in cold water where the fish sometimes school up and suspend on deep points. You can follow your lure down to perfect depth where the school flasher returns are hitting. As others have stated, the very best for instant depth reading at speed. I had two on my old Champ and miss them since I sold it. Just picked up a Lowrance flasher to install on my Charger Elite.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    It's kind of funny how butt hurt people get when someone talks about how it's time for some of the old timers to retire...
    they're the same guys who yell at the clouds

14. Member
    I have no dog in this fight, have no clue who this person is, or a clue how the fishing tour works. But it seems to me it’s a win win to have them there. The guys want to fish. there seems to be at least a few fans that still want to see them. And the league doesn’t pay them so it’s not costing them anything either. So them being there really hurts nobody, so why should anyone else care. Let them fish if they want.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

15. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    If you knew David Fritts history, you might understand these things. He is one of the best crankbait fishermen in the game and is considered an expert in bait design. He fished for Poe's back in the day when sponsorships were very limited, but Rapala wanted him badly to help them break into the southern bass market. He designed the revered DT series which is one of the most popular crankbaits on the market. After they signed some of the younger guys like DeFoe, Wheeler, Palaniuk, etc. they really cut back on the contract offered to Fritts. Berkley was all too happy to pick him up and he has done a lot to help them in the hard-bait business. Perhaps you should try designing some baits and see how many companies want to sign you up?
    One of his Berkley cranks came through for me today to put a beatdown on pre-spawning bass. Was about the only thing they would consistently hit today at least for me.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, have no clue who this person is, or a clue how the fishing tour works. But it seems to me it’s a win win to have them there. The guys want to fish. there seems to be at least a few fans that still want to see them. And the league doesn’t pay them so it’s not costing them anything either. So them being there really hurts nobody, so why should anyone else care. Let them fish if they want.
    Wait just a d@mn minute here! Don’t come in here talking sense!

I grew up watching guys like Frits, Clunn, Huston,Parker and Brauer et Al. Like one of the guys above mentioned, if they want to fish big time tournaments until they’re 90 let them go at it. They may not be “relevant and up to date” with the stuff the younger guys are doing, but they are the pioneers of bass fishing as a sport and respect should be paid. And, I would bet that if one of them showed up for a Thursday night fruit jar derby on your home lake they would go home with a little extra folding money.

17. Member
    Most guys on here don't have a clue what a mark he left on bass fishing back in the '80's and '90's. He was a beast back in is day. Sure, technology came along and gave everyone that puts forth the effort to learn it a more level playing field but he was the man in his day.

18. Member
    Where is it possible to purchase an Eagle Flasher....in dash mount or the box?

19. Member
    Its not ---wish i could get one too. To quote the FFS crowd its just a tool, Flashers still have their purpose also . They are just a tool also .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

20. Member
    Fritts has been known to slide down to High Rock and take some peoples money. Not 20 years ago...now. I am one of those people lol

He is one of the best to ever do it, and anybody that tells you he isn't will probably never be half the fisherman he is

Genuinely nice guy and a great fisherman. He forgot more about cranking this week than I'll ever know. He will retire when he is good and ready

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast