Phoenix 919 Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate settings

My 919 has the Atlas Hydraulic JP. I need to have it raised to at least 5-6 for the exhaust port and Telltale on the ProXS to be above water. Is this normal? I know it's load dependent, etc... but what are you guys running the JP while getting on pad, and where are you getting the best top end performance(been running 12-13, but run out of lake before I can really let her go)? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    My 921 I usually run between 9-11 for best speed. I don't move it for holeshot. Down around 6 when cruising at 40-50mph. I have the Merc mounted on the 2nd hole.

3. Member
    I keep mine at 10 unless I’m super shallow.

4. Member
    Okay. I had mine at 10-11 yesterday. started walking at about 62MPH. Ran out of water before I could Adjust the plate and try and correct it. I feel like I am throwing too much rooster tail for the speed I am getting, though(Visible from my point of view about a foot over the cowling). Maybe more JP raise and less trim to bring the rooster down?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka760 View Post
    Okay. I had mine at 10-11 yesterday. started walking at about 62MPH. Ran out of water before I could Adjust the plate and try and correct it. I feel like I am throwing too much rooster tail for the speed I am getting, though(Visible from my point of view about a foot over the cowling). Maybe more JP raise and less trim to bring the rooster down?
    Question is are you really comfortable with the boat at high speeds. If you are new to high performance boats it sounds like you are over trimming for your driving if it’s walking on you at 62mph. Unless you are purposely getting it to walk. Usually mid range 8-12 on an atlas seem to be the normal for all Phoenix boats load depending. If you aren’t extemely comfortable at driving the boat above 70 mph because of chine walk you should set the plate to 10 and get good at correcting chine as you increase trim. Learning the boat at high speeds can be hard if you keep over trimming. Typically the lower the jack plate the worse the chine walk is. The higher the plate the less it walks.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright