ONE POWER POLE NOT DEPLOYING FULLY?

I have one power pole not deploying fully. It happens to be the one with an Hydilla Gear light. Does the bracket prevent it from deploying fully or do I have another issue?

2. Member
    light newly installed? if so was it installed correctly? otherwise it shouldn't be the issue
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Light was already on when I purchased the boat.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    I have one power pole not deploying fully. It happens to be the one with an Hydilla Gear light. Does the bracket prevent it from deploying fully or do I have another issue?
    Per PM,

Absolutely not.... That would be ridiculous.

The only way I can see this being even possible is if it somehow was installed incorrectly but even that again would be a big installation mistake.

text me a picture 954-917-0634 and I will confirm install

With that said, If that Power Pole was rebuilt by someone incorrectly then it is possible that it may not fully deploy. Depends on what model Power power pole it is.

Regards

Rich

5. Member
    I agree it would be Rich, just covering all basis.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    did someone over tighten your pivot bolts. Has nothing to do with the light, but maybe thought they were doing you a favor and overtightened the pivot bolts and now its causing a binding issue. Not enough slack in hoses?
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 03-15-2023 at 09:33 AM.

7. Member
    I will check that along with a few other things Rich told me to look at. Thanks.

8. Member
    Update: I updated the firmware of both pumps, checked for kinks, hoses have proper slack, loosened pivots bolts to where they were too loose with lots of slop, checked middle bracket for correct install, increased the sensitivity on the down, and still doesn’t deploy fully.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Update: I updated the firmware of both pumps, checked for kinks, hoses have proper slack, loosened pivots bolts to where they were too loose with lots of slop, checked middle bracket for correct install, increased the sensitivity on the down, and still doesn’t deploy fully.
    Give a call to Powerpole

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Last call would be to check for a bent / damaged cylinder.

While the boat is on the trailer deploy the Power Pole to gain access to the cylinder.
    Remove the bolt holding the ram end of the cylinder in the u channel.
    Attempt to deploy / extend the cylinder further.
    If the cylinder does not fully extend at this point I would say you have narrowed it down to a damaged cylinder.
    It is not common but can happen.

Rich

11. Member
    Tks.

12. Member
    I called them and they asked me to do a diagnostic through the app which I did but it was on the trailer. Think I'm gonna do it again but when it's off the trailer and can deploy fully. Gonna test both so they could at least see how the time is different tween full deploy on each. Hope to check the cylinder today.

13. Scraps
    Fluid level? Air in lines??
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

14. Member
    Those are good.

15. Member
    Update: removed the shaft side of the cylinders and extended them fully. Both measured the same so reinstalled. The other day when I checked for kinks and hose tightness, I was in the water cause I couldn’t find a place to pole down while on the trailer. What I decided was to pole down a little, unbolt it and turn it where it would extend outward sideways from the boat and put one bolt back in to hold the base. Hit that pole down and there it was, hose got kinked before it extended fully. Fixed it all and good to go. Thanks for all who gave suggestions.
    Last edited by chad202; 03-30-2023 at 05:29 AM.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Update: removed the shaft side of the cylinders and extended them fully. Both measured the same so reinstalled. The other day when I checked for kinks and hose tightness, I was in the water cause I couldn’t find a place to pole down while on the trailer. What I decided was to pole down a little, unbolt it and turn it where it would extend outward sideways from the boat and put one bolt back in to hold the base. Hit that pole down and there it was, hose got kinked before it extended fully. Fixed it all and good to go. Thanks for all who gave suggestions.
    yes sir