3B267708 300 Pro XS V8 Starboard Engine Sensor Failure at 3.6 Hrs

Anyone had this happen? Brand new motor with 3.6 hrs. Left me stranded luckily the troller batteries were stout, 45 min on the trolling motor to the nearest ramp.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    "Which" Sensor failure?

I've seen it happen first time in the water: Especially if the throttle or shift are not properly set up.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    "Which" Sensor failure?

I've seen it happen first time in the water: Especially if the throttle or shift are not properly set up.
    Don- I took it to my dealer this afternoon and they hooked the laptop up to it and there are 10 different alarm codes. All of them are throttle and shift related. Mechanic was going to dig into it tomorrow. Shifter is in neutral but gear case is engaged.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Could be a mal-adjustment, but more than likely the shift actuator is defective.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    1st time in the water I had similar issue with sensor alarm. Dealer didn’t set motor to 100% throttle.

6. Member
    Could be a mal-adjustment, but more than likely the shift actuator is defective.

Don- Also getting an oil pressure alarm. Does that align with what you where thinking?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No. Oil pressure is a totally separate fault. If necessary, get a copy of the full report.

8. Member
    No. Oil pressure is a totally separate fault. If necessary, get a copy of the full report.
    Looks like the harness wasn’t completely connected? They went thru several things with Mercury support and when they plugged everything back in it worked. Hoping that was the problem.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Hopefully it's just that simple.