2007 hpdi 250 loss of top end rpm

At full throttle full trim I’m only 5500rpm where I was around 5900 and lost 5mph.

My prop has a couple decent dings in the edge so I’m thinking that’s the issue but wanted to ask as I’m not ready to drop money on a new prop. It’s already been reworked once.

boat sounds and runs good other then that top end loss.

2. Member
    Was this a sudden occurrence or a gradual slowing? Losing RPM isn't a typical symptom of prop damage. Usually you hold or gain rpm but lose speed.

I would look into your throttle linkage. Make sure your hot foot (if equipped) is able to go through the full open to close range of your throttle, make sure your jack plate isn't lower than you think it is, and check compression. If none of those are the issue then you would be wasting time doing any further checks. Then I would do a fuel system maintenance. This would include the filter/separator in the boat, and the one in the clear globe. I would also check your fuel tank for venting. If it still persists, I would do the VST filter, medium pressure filter above the VST, spark plugs, and check your low pressure fuel pumps.

3. Member
    well as an update, clearly something else had been going wrong as my motor locked up while running monday night. Damn HPDI's. This oem yamaha head had 75hrs on it with fully serviced injectors. Selling the locked up motor and putting a sho on it. Hope they're better.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horton View Post
    well as an update, clearly something else had been going wrong as my motor locked up while running monday night. Damn HPDI's. This oem yamaha head had 75hrs on it with fully serviced injectors. Selling the locked up motor and putting a sho on it. Hope they're better.
    that’s too bad. Sorry man! I wouldn’t keep running a motor with an issue in the future.