New Allison Owner

Thanks to JoeAlly, I am the proud owner of my first Allison. A beautiful well set up 1997 XB2003. It was a extremely long ride but well worth it and felt like a met a new friend in dealing with Joe who was a wealth of knowledge and help. Looking forward to the adventure and now I wont be a lurker on here, lol. Sorry no pics but Im sure you have all probably seen this boat advertised.

2. Member
    Congratulations on your Allison.

Pastor Joe is a great guy!
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Congrats on the new ride. I've known Joe all of my life and he is a great guy.

4. Member
    Congrats Keith, I know you’ll be enjoy that rig. I’m glad it went to a good home.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

5. Member
    Congrats, enjoy your boat.

6. Member
    Congrats! Thats a very nice boat!
    Jason

7. Member
    Thank you all, been wanting one really bad since 2017 for some reason, wanted a brand new XB21 but just aint never been in the budget. But I am ecstatic over this one and looking forward to getting it in the water.

8. Member
    A couple of things to consider about a 2003. You will need rod socks when placing rods in the locker. Cover the hooks as well. Rods tangle easily in that space. The front storage is deep and is hard to get into without getting on your knees. The hinge position of the hatch makes it even more difficult, especially if you have rods on the deck to contend with. I often wished Darris had placed the hinge on the console side of the opening. Finding a way to elevate your tackle closer to the opening without sacrificing space is a challenge, but it will make it much easier if you can.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    A couple of things to consider about a 2003. You will need rod socks when placing rods in the locker. Cover the hooks as well. Rods tangle easily in that space. The front storage is deep and is hard to get into without getting on your knees. The hinge position of the hatch makes it even more difficult, especially if you have rods on the deck to contend with. I often wished Darris had placed the hinge on the console side of the opening. Finding a way to elevate your tackle closer to the opening without sacrificing space is a challenge, but it will make it much easier if you can.
    Mine has drop in boxes in the front that hold 3700 planos. No need to get on my knees. If yours doesnt you may want to call the factory and get a couple.
    Jason

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1outlaw View Post
    Mine has drop in boxes in the front that hold 3700 planos. No need to get on my knees. If yours doesnt you may want to call the factory and get a couple.
    Tried them. They are gathering dust in my barn. Too many 3700 boxes full of tackle for the trays. Too much space taken up by the dividers. If the OP can fit all his tackle in those trays, it is a great option. Me, I've moved to an XB21.

11. Member
    So after some issues with trying to get the trailer registered and titled here in Virginia today was my maiden voyage. I had reservations about fishing from the front deck with this one due to the added trolling motor pedal tray being so close to the kingpin plate for the front seat pedestal, bout 3 inches closer than I would like but I will get used to that. This was my first time ever driving a Allison of any kind and it is definitely different from anything I have ever driven. No problems with peddling it out the hole and it has a really good hole shot, no issues to 74 mph but could not do any more, she got really harry quick. Tried several different times but 74 was my limit and comfort factor. I cant seem to stop the chine after that, I tried holding left pressure and little bumps left but nothing seemed to change, it definitely does not like any right steering input. I have the hydr. jp set at 1/2 above pad that was suggested to me by JoeAlly, so I did not move that any. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated. I know this boat will run 90+ and I want to get there. BTW I am 62 years old so not a young buck anymore but I have never been scared of anything, but I do respect things that need respecting. Oh and there was a 30 mile per hour wind on the lake today as well and 65 in the whitecaps was easy, loving the ride.

12. Member
    Although I do not currently own an Allison I have owned 2 in the past. XB2002 and XB2003.

An Allison will go fast running flatter than other boats. Try a little less trim and just increase your seat time and it will get much easier.
    Joe can give you some tips including weight distribution.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support