93sv gt 54 transducer water temp issues

Hey guys just a quick question to see if my transducer is bad. Only 2 yrs old. When hooked up and on the water I am no longer getting a water temp reading. Wondering what may be the cause to this. sometimes when I play with the wire cable it comes on for a minute with erratic water temp readings and then goes blank. appreciate the help here

2. Member
    I believe the temp on that to be a white wire (pin #9) location.
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    What does that mean exactly? just recently I have noticed difficulties when plugging cable connection into back of the unit. Not sure if I did something wrong when hooking up time after time.

4. Member
    See if you have a bent or broken pin. You can google the transducer pin out and get a diagram showing position when looking at end of plug.
    Rad Brewer

5. Member
    Pretty sure one of the little metal connections inside transducer cable bent. Should i just go ahead and get a new transducer. That little pin hole is so small i dont think i can get anything inside to straighten it out.

6. Member
    Garmin has a trouble shooting section on the website for this, it tells ya what to check for to see if there's any issues. Im actually sending mine back for saying "transducer too cold" so it could be the transducer itself.

7. Member
    Hey guys I'm still trying to troubleshoot and hoping somebody may have a solution here. I bought a new transducer and still having issues getting a water temp. I have the bail mount quick connect plate. Can this possibly be the issue or is it most likely my head unit.