Smartcraft Gauges or VesselView for new Merc 115XS Pro CT

I am repowering from an Etec 90 to a Merc 115XS Pro CT. I have a Garmin 942xs map/sounder. I need to replace my Evinrude System Check Tachometer and Trim Gauge. I also want a Smartcraft interface so I can see all the info on the engine including hours on a digital display. I have a GPS Speedometer that I wanted to keep.
    Here are my choices

I am thinking of changing the tachometer to Mercury Smart Tow Monitor Level 2 interfaced to Garmin 942xs through NEMA 2000 and add a Smartcraft Trim Gauge and Smartcraft Water Pressure Gauge on the dash. The Mercury Smart Tow Monitor would be my main tachometer on the dash. I would also get the digital trim stop kit, and digital water pressure sender kit.

I do have a NMEA 2000 backbone installed. What Garmin screen will I see when looking at the NMEA 2000 data sent from the MercMonitor NMEA 2000 Gateway built into the MercMonitor?

Will it be the generic Garmin Engine page or will it be the VesselView page?

Thanks for any help on this.

Last edited by edvb1; 03-13-2023 at 01:03 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You won't see ANY Garmin Pages on a MercMonitor. What you CAN see is Engine Data on any screen designed to display data (or any screen on which you overlay the data items).

Depending on the age of your Garmin, there may be another (more robust for NMEA-2000) option to consider, the Smartcraft Connect module.

Several different ways to configure this- probably the best place to start is to determine how "married to" this Garmin Display you expect to be over the next 5 years or so. If you plan to upgrade, do you have a feel for what BRAND (at least) you will likely go with?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    This is what I see after the installation. I am extremely happy with the results. Click picture for video.
    Last edited by edvb1; 06-09-2023 at 10:03 AM.