Adding Rod Organizer

Has anyone added a port side rod organizer to a Triton 18TRX? If so, how hard was it? Mine did not come with one. Thanks in advance for any help!

Bump

Please help

3. Member
    I'm not sure this will be helpful because I did the opposite and removed mine. It was held in place with 3 or 4 screws and the rod butt rest the same. I had it out in just a few minutes so putting one in would probably be easy. The rod tubes are one piece and were not foamed. I'm sure a dealer could order one for you. I have found the tubes to be cumbersome to use and limit the amount of rods. I don't know if the tubes are a one size fits all or are boat specific.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I'm not sure this will be helpful because I did the opposite and removed mine. It was held in place with 3 or 4 screws and the rod butt rest the same. I had it out in just a few minutes so putting one in would probably be easy. The rod tubes are one piece and were not foamed. I'm sure a dealer could order one for you. I have found the tubes to be cumbersome to use and limit the amount of rods. I don't know if the tubes are a one size fits all or are boat specific.
    Do you want to get rid of yours? Thanks for the info!

5. Member
    Possibly. Give me a day or 2 to think about it. I'll PM you.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    Get rid of them. My 18TRX had them and I removed. Use rod socks and reel covers. You can double or triple the amount of rods you can carry

7. Member
    Ya'll have me thinking of looking at removing mine and using more rod socks and giving it a try. The tubes and rack are cumbersome in my 21x too.

8. Member
    remove them , they are a pain ... you have to remove all the rods to get to the bottom ones,,, which seem to be the one I want ....

9. Scraps
    One of my best "mods" was removing my rod organizer, antlers and all. Much better just using rod socks and reel covers. Kin prolly git 40 rods in there.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    Ditto, I removed mine. They are a PIA, and you can store many more rods n reels without it. Rod socks keep the rods from tangling, and I shift the reels forward or back some so they aren’t stacked on top of each other helping keep from banging the up.

11. Member
    I hated mine. We removed ours as well.

12. Member
    I took mine out this last week. Now its just sitting in the garage.
    So much easier without Rod tubes
    2017 Triton 21TrX Elite
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Ultrex 112, Mega 360 w/ Helix 10 Di Si Meg+
    Garmin Livescope + on an Ultra 122SV at the bow.
    Garmin Ultra 122SV and Ultra 126SV at the Helm

13. Member
    Add me to the list of owners that removed my rod organizer. Son and I actually removed it on a weekend fishing trip to get rods off the deck years ago. IIRC the butt section had places for 7(4 bottom,3 top) rods with matching tubes for the tips. I can store 20+ rods now which is a different issue I have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by FrizZ7 View Post
    Get rid of them. My 18TRX had them and I removed. Use rod socks and reel covers. You can double or triple the amount of rods you can carry

Would you want to sell yours?

Still looking for a port side rod organizer for a Triton 18 TRX