Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Antique Tackle Guy

New 3 in 1 HD install on 2020 Ranger 520L

Thanks for the board! I have the new 3 in 1 HD. Want to mount the Ducer to my Ranger where the old 3 in one is mounted to the step at the stern. It is screwed into the bottom. The new HD does not have the same holes to remount in the same place. The only option seems to be to mount it to the back of the transom> Any ideas how I can mount it to the same place? Is there a bracket?
    Thanks,

Mark Pritt

2. Member
    I will be doing the same thing, but I have a ss3d and Lowrance support told me the same thing about the transducer. holes. I have 2 HDS Lives at the console and debating on upgrading to Pro's so I don't have to get the HD module. I also kicked around the idea of just leaving the ss3d transducer on my stern, drill some new holes and having the ss3d for backup if I get the Pro's. Right now I will just be trolling the posts on how all this new equipment is working. Ha. Best of luck and look forward to learning.

3. Member
    Get a bracket that mounts to the lower side of your jack plate many aftermarkets out there for that kind of product. No Holes in the glass required.

4. Antique Tackle Guy
    Update!

FYI to all I have a Ranger and the 3 in 1 is mounted to the step on the hull. The new 3 in 1 HD does not have the same mounting holes in fact there are no holes. I spoke to Lowrance and there is no bracket or fix at this time to mount it back where the old one exists. I was told by a dealer flush mount bracket number 000-12602-001 will work. I ordered it prior to calling Lowrance. It has not arrived yet will update the board when it arrives. Options are to mount it to the back of the Transom or with a Jack plate bracket.

5. Member
    Related question to original OP’s question. I too have the SS3D transducer mounted to the bottom of the set back on my ranger z520. As mentioned above, I too would like to keep my existing SS3D as a backup so looking for the best location for my new AI HD transducer. Also currently have a bird SI down and side scan transducer currently mounted to the bottom of the right side of the jackplate. Can the bird and 2 lowrance transducers all be mounted without conflicting with each other ?

6. Antique Tackle Guy
    Ok last post, I great guy explained how to mount the HD 3 in 1 in the Step of my Ranger. Only issue is you have to mount The ducer backwards any Issues if it is reversed?

7. Member
    Just finalizing the Flush Mounts now for the New Transducer and the new Transom Mounts (with the new hull pattern, and with the original pattern) plus my Jackplate mounts are already available. Unfortunately the hole pattern and size of this transducer is very different from the ones in the past. My new flush mounts have the transducer pattern plus the original 5 hole pattern of the previous flush mounts!

8. Member
    Just FLIP RIGHT LEFT in the menu so you are looking the correct way. Drive by bridge and be sure it shows up on the screen properly.

9. Member
    I believe your new 3n1 hd transducer will fit in your "old" 3n1 bracket. If so, it is an easy adaption.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit53 View Post
    I believe your new 3n1 hd transducer will fit in your "old" 3n1 bracket. If so, it is an easy adaption.
    The entire transducer is 100% different in mounting and hole hole locations Also, bringing the cable up thru the transducer like the SS3D causes more issues also especially with how its situated. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing in in common with it compared to any of the transducers in the past.

11. Member
    Maybe I should have been clearer. Last week I had a 3n1 hd mounted that replaced a 3n1 which was mounted to the hull of a Skeeter FX21. While the new 3n1 hd had to be mounted to the new factory "plate", given that the footprint of the holes are different, the "plate" was then mounted to the old 3n1 "plate hinge" attachment, so that drilling new holes was not required.

12. Member
    Maybe I should have been clearer. Last week I had a 3n1 hd mounted that replaced a 3n1 which was mounted to the hull of a Skeeter FX21. While the new 3n1 hd had to be mounted to the new factory "plate", given that the footprint of the holes are different, the "plate" was then mounted to the old 3n1 "plate hinge" attachment, so that drilling new holes was not required.
    You Lost me....sorry. Which plate? The transom part of the bracket has a completely different slot width pattern now also.The brackets from a AI 3in1 to the new HD are also over 1/4" narrower so swapping half the mount around really does not work.....You have me stumped!

That is exactly what I wanted to hear and what I am going to do. Thank you!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyTek Marine View Post
    You Lost me....sorry. Which plate? The transom part of the bracket has a completely different slot width pattern now also.The brackets from a AI 3in1 to the new HD are also over 1/4" narrower so swapping half the mount around really does not work.....You have me stumped!
    Sorry, let me try and say what the installer told me. The mount consists of 2 pieces. The part that mounts to the hull (I will call it a hinge) and the piece that the transducer mounts to (which I call the plate). The installer told me that he was able to mount the new transducer plate (my words) to the existing hinge (my words), thereby not having to drill new holes in the hull.

Hopefully, this is worded clearer. If not, let's let it go. LOL.

15. Member
    Sorry, let me try and say what the installer told me. The mount consists of 2 pieces. The part that mounts to the hull (I will call it a hinge) and the piece that the transducer mounts to (which I call the plate). The installer told me that he was able to mount the new transducer plate (my words) to the existing hinge (my words), thereby not having to drill new holes in the hull.

Hopefully, this is worded clearer. If not, let's let it go. LOL.
    Got ya....would have to have either bend the existing bracket or just stacked up .300"+ worth of washers to make it possible to fit together. Careful it doesn't move on ya or worse yet loose the transducer.

16. Member
    Here are the two factory mounts side by side...2nd picture has the AI 3-1 Upper sitting against the HD lower. 334302038_201392739173088_7466601683107070552_n.jpg334108807_904854247444739_1328976211244037221_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RyTek Marine View Post
    Here are the two factory mounts side by side...2nd picture has the AI 3-1 Upper sitting against the HD lower. 334302038_201392739173088_7466601683107070552_n.jpg334108807_904854247444739_1328976211244037221_n.jpg
    They definitely are different but I bet I can make it work...lol

18. Member
    OK, I spoke with my installer. He said he placed a flat washer on each side between the "plate" and the "hinge". He did not bend the "hinge" bracket at all. He said he has installed several like this with no complaints of transducer moving more than normal by contact with stumps, etc. This method prevents having to drill holes for the new "hinge" bracket, which has a different hole pattern. I hope this helps.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antique Tackle Guy View Post
    Ok last post, I great guy explained how to mount the HD 3 in 1 in the Step of my Ranger. Only issue is you have to mount The ducer backwards any Issues if it is reversed?
    No issue at all. All you have to do is flip left and right in your side imaging menue.

OK, I spoke with my installer. He said he placed a flat washer on each side between the "plate" and the "hinge". He did not bend the "hinge" bracket at all. He said he has installed several like this with no complaints of transducer moving more than normal by contact with stumps, etc. This method prevents having to drill holes for the new "hinge" bracket, which has a different hole pattern. I hope this helps.
    Helped me!! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast