Trying to get my idle quality sorted on 2010 75HP 2 stroke ELPTO

Trying to get my idle quality sorted on my 2010 75HP 2 stroke ELPTO serial no. 1B826880 however appears to be some confusing instruction in my Mercury service manual.

Below instruction seems to suggest that #1 carb should be set at 1/4 turn and adjustment should be focused on #2 and #3 carburetors with starting point set at between 1 and 1-1/2 turns. Is this correct?

In specifications section I read that idle screw preset is 1-1/4 turns open on ALL three carburetors.

"After service or replacement of carburetor, turn low speed mixture screw adjustment in
    (clockwise) until it seats lightly, then back off (each carburetor) to specifications
    (65JET/75/90 - 1 /4 turn on #1 carb; 1 to 1-1 /2 turns on #2 and #3 carbs ). This will permit
    engine start-up.
    LOW SPEED MIXTURE ADJUSTMENTS
    1. Start engine and allow to warm up (run for several minutes). Throttle back to idle for
    about one minute to allow RPM to stabilize.
    2. With engine running at idle speed (in water) in Forward gear (prop on), turn low speed
    mixture screw on #2 & #3, IN (clockwise) until engine starts to bog down and misfire.
    Back out 1 /4 turn or more."

2. Member
    adjust all 3 at 1 1/4 to start with , if these carbs are adjusted on hose that engine likely will not run right in lake , needs lake tested
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    And it's not uncommon to have to open them 1/4 more depending on what fuel you have in your area (we usually just go to 1.5 turns out for best overall quality year-round).

I know what they were having you do by those instructions but that's not really an approach I'd recommend for a DIY'er.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor