Thread: Glock fans

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Glock fans

Any Glock fans out there? Im a rookie so found them easy to learn / build etc. Any favorite models? Thinking about getting a 26 or 43 to try out the subcompacts.

Glocks are great no doubt. Just FYI….The new 43s have a way stiffer mag spring which makes slide racking a little tough. Prolly one of my favorite carry guns is the 43X with a Shield Arms 15 round mag.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    I would not consider myself a fan but I am very familiar with them and have a good bit of trigger time with them. The 26 is not really that compact as it is the same width as the duty size models.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I would not consider myself a fan but I am very familiar with them and have a good bit of trigger time with them. The 26 is not really that compact as it is the same width as the duty size models.
    I need to go somewhere and check out each model. I think Glock makes like 3735 models and parts interchange here and there etc etc.

If not a fan of Glock what is your brand of choice? Just curious as im learning. Maybe something out there I would prefer. Maybe one day ill own something from each brand.

5. Member
    My wife and I have a number of Glocks and appreciate their respective performance. She likes her 43 and 19. I'm picking up either a 43x or a 48 next week for my edc.

Even though I have most any brand you could want…I really like CZs
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    I like a DA/SA gun for serious use and I prefer Beretta and Sig but I like shooting CZs on the range but If I am going to carry all steel and 40 ounces I will choose a 1911. Nothing wrong with plastic striker guns like Glocks I just do not shoot them as well and I like having the DA pull when holstered.

To the OP if you are wanting a subcompact I infer that as meaning you are looking for a carry gun. In which case I would stick to one of Glock's slimline models or a similar gun offered by their competitors. For a house gun or truck gun look at the larger duty size models.

I am a fan, not a fan boy but i have a g22 that's a full size .40 sw, i want a g17 mos modular optics system 9mm so i can put a red dot on it and shoot cheaper ammo. I own other pistols but in college in class i dropped a loaded used and abused g17 on the pavement, it hit on the back of the slide while pointing at me and it didn't go off, so i was sold.

While I know they are great, reliable guns, I personally don’t own one, just not my choice. I did buy my son a G17 for his 21st birthday. I personally like the HK VP9 over the G17, both similar in size. I think the HK has a much better trigger and out of all the striker fired guns we tried I preferred the HK VP9 the best. I like CZ but didn’t like their striker fired model at all.

As you mentioned go handle a bunch of them, you’ll figure out pretty quick I think which models you prefer. I thought I wanted a Glock 43 until I handled one and shot it, didn’t like it at all. I prefer 1911’s/2011’s and I carry an Sig P229 Legion a lot also.

10. Member
    I hate the factory trigger on them, but that being said i still own a 19,23,26, and 30s, my current daily carry is a S&W M&P 2.0 compact.

11. Member
    I’m a fan. 43X is probably my preferred Glock for carry purposes, just fits my hand well and I’m comfortable with it. Shooting buddy has probably 20 glocks so I have time with many other models, overall always been satisfied with the experience and consistency.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

12. Member
    Not impressed with my 43 so I'd recommend the 43X if you're gong that route. Might look to trade mine for something I like

If you go with the 43X, Check out the 15 round mags from Shield Arms….
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    If you go with the 43X, Check out the 15 round mags from Shield Arms….
    LeaLea

15. Member
    I’ve got several brands as well from Wilson to sccy. I’ve got several steel cz - rami pretty bad ass carry but to your question- blocks can’t be beat at price point. I’ve got 17, 19, 22, 26, 30s …. The 17 and 22 ( 40 cal) are in micro conversion kits- my kids like shooting them. I like the 19 and 26 best

16. Member
    One thing I do not like about glocks. Or at least mine. The dang slide lock sucks.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    One thing I do not like about glocks. Or at least mine. The dang slide lock sucks.
    That is one of the things I like the most LOL. I like how low profile it is but is still there in case I need to lock the slide back.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    That is one of the things I like the most LOL. I like how low profile it is but is still there in case I need to lock the slide back.
    Sorry I was using incorrect terminology. I meant slide release. Sorry rookie I am.

19. Member
    Another rookie question. Does the glock 21SF take the same slide / parts as a normal glock 21 ? I assume not but no experience here.

20. Member
    Yes everything is the same except the frame. Make sure you handle one before you commit as the 20/21 frames even the sf models are quite large.

The 21 is a pussycat to shoot though. The fat grip really spreads out the recoil.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast