Reel-Ex reel service for the win

I just wanted to say how impressed I am after getting a bunch of reels back from Dan Isaac (www.reel-ex.com) for service. Some of these reels I have been torturing for 20 years. I figured I was gonna get a call from Dan saying that something was too far gone, so I went ahead ordered a new Metanium HG in preparation. That call never came.
    After about a week and a half, Dans handy work and my new reel showed up. The reels I got back seem smoother now than when they were brand new. Somehow Dan managed to make Castaics (that I’ve been wrapping in 80# braid and abusing on 8’ flipping sticks for 2 decades) noticeably smoother than the brand new Metanium. After slapping a handle the Castaic will spin for a good 3-4 sec longer. That’s some Pretty Woman crack ho to royalty level wizardry right there folks!

2. Member
    We’ve been fortunate to have Reel-Ex in our backyard for the past 20 years. I’m lucky to call Dan a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcGeeXB View Post
    I just wanted to say how impressed I am after getting a bunch of reels back from Dan Isaac (www.reel-ex.com) for service. Some of these reels I have been torturing for 20 years. I figured I was gonna get a call from Dan saying that something was too far gone, so I went ahead ordered a new Metanium HG in preparation. That call never came.
    After about a week and a half, Dans handy work and my new reel showed up. The reels I got back seem smoother now than when they were brand new. Somehow Dan managed to make Castaics (that I’ve been wrapping in 80# braid and abusing on 8’ flipping sticks for 2 decades) noticeably smoother than the brand new Metanium. After slapping a handle the Castaic will spin for a good 3-4 sec longer. That’s some Pretty Woman crack ho to royalty level wizardry right there folks!
    You should have the bearings cleaned out on the New Metanium as the factory tends to over lubricate the bearings

I would agree Dan is a great with my Shimano reels. He has brought back to life many of my Scorpion reels

Thank you gentlemen!
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"