Funny Allison Story

My buddy, who is on this board occasionally, was prefishing today for our tournament tomorrow on Fork. He has a brand new 21 foot Phoenix PHX with a 300 merc, and it's pretty much the fastest boat in our club.

This morning he was cruising the boat lane at about 75, enjoying his status as king of the lake lol, and he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Looked to his left just as an Allison Bassport Pro came by him like he was sitting still.

His quote to me - "that guy just drug his d*%k all over the back of my neck"

I'm still laughing. In his defense, he's a former Allison owner and knows what it's like. The Phoenix is a compromise to get more room to fish with his family. Just cracked me up this morning lol.

2. Member
    We’re really not like that

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crichardson10 View Post
    Yea I get it and so does he. He's still a big Allison fan - sends me a lot of pics trying to get me to buy one. He enjoyed seeing the boat on pad and set up well.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crichardson10 View Post
    Psssst!...Speak for yourself!

5. Member

Thumbs Up

I fished a little local derb yesterday with about 55 boats and I was #44. We blasted off in groups of 5 so the river was pretty full when I planed off. I ran up behind the leading 5-10 boats and just cruised behind them until they all turned off. The looks on their faces turning around or looking over and seeing me not passing them was funny. Some wondered why I was waiting and others thought they were outrunning the “Allison guy” at 75-77 mph
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I fished a little local derb yesterday with about 55 boats and I was #44. We blasted off in groups of 5 so the river was pretty full when I planed off. I ran up behind the leading 5-10 boats and just cruised behind them until they all turned off. The looks on their faces turning around or looking over and seeing me not passing them was funny. Some wondered why I was waiting and others thought they were outrunning the “Allison guy” at 75-77 mph
    I've been outrun a few times and never knew I was in a race.

7. Member
    My son and I were fishing a tournament last summer. 65 boats we alway seem to get drawn out mid pack or later. There’s a lot of junk floating so I was kinda taking it easy. We ran up on this Ranger 521 and it’s running along pretty good and I was going to cut off down a side channel in about a mile. So I just hung out there. My son says to me you just going to let that Ranger run out there like that? I said well no I guess not and put the hammer down and of course went right buy him. I ask mine son when we got to our first spot why he had a problem just hanging out there. He says you know that guy is going to tell everybody you couldn’t pass him. Pretty sure everybody knows better.