Alpha 199 wiring

Where are all the fuses for things such as keypad bilge livewell etc

i have an Hds wouldn’t power up, found bad ground I am trying to repair but when I thought I was done the keypad no longer powers up, neither does the HDS, but up until remounting the unit both the keypad and unit were working. Taken the head out 3x and it’s worked every time until remount, figured I may have bad unit head power wire.

I’ve removed the unit now and am left trying to figure out why I can’t get power to the keypad but so many wires I don’t know where to start

thanks for any direction

2. Member
    Beside the starting battery, port side on bilge wall is a circuit breaker that powers the key pad. I am guessing you got a hot wire together with a ground wire and tripped the circuit breaker. There is also a 10 awg orange wire that runs to the bow with a fuse for electronics that is independent from the keypad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

there's no fuses. you may have a breaker in the bilge area that tripped - mine was on the driver side outside wall of the bilge area kind of behind my starting battery. There was a 2nd breaker on the passenger side that was for the trolling motor.

there should be a main power running to the brain box under the console (pos/neg from battery). Verify +12v there and work from that - its always possible there is an inline fuse there as well, but i don't think it would have been factory.

4. Member
    I had issues with my 211 and the brain box went dead. I had to order a new on it was like 650.00.

5. Member
    Best I can tell all I have is the breaker in the bilge, the brain box, and then keypad. For whatever reason on my last attempt at this worked out, seemingly from a third reset of the breaker. Think I have one of those three components beginning to fail, but for now all is well. Thanks for the confirmation about no fuses, family thought I was crazy discussing it lol. I’ve replaced the breaker once before, it may be time again. I’ll get one coming and hope it’s solved.

6. Member
    here is where i got the new brain box if you need to go that route.

Products - Blink marine

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery View Post
    here is where i got the new brain box if you need to go that route.

Products - Blink marine
    Italy?
    Wow

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    Beside the starting battery, port side on bilge wall is a circuit breaker that powers the key pad. I am guessing you got a hot wire together with a ground wire and tripped the circuit breaker. There is also a 10 awg orange wire that runs to the bow with a fuse for electronics that is independent from the keypad.
    RF is that diagram for certain year model Alphas? I see it’s shown to be on yer computer. Can you lead me to the source.

I’d like to have a full diagram/ schematic for my 2008 Alpha 199.

Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    RF is that diagram for certain year model Alphas? I see it’s shown to be on yer computer. Can you lead me to the source.

I’d like to have a full diagram/ schematic for my 2008 Alpha 199.

Thanks
    Legend Owners Manual by Legend Boats - Issuu

Appreciate it.
    May be some similarities but my boat is a different model.