BPS Carbon Lite Reels

Anyone like these reels? Just looking to trade some old reels in at BPS and was looking for something new but not in the $200 range

2. Member
    Can’t speak to the Carbonlites but I just went through this scenario yesterday.

it was between a Carbonlite, Extreme, or Daiwa Tatula CT. I don’t have many baitcasters and I tend to keep mine until they break. After about 8years of buying basically all Doyo products (BPS, Lews, and Abu), I decided to go with the Daiwa. The Doyos just don’t seem to hold up after a couple seasons of light use (only 15-20 trips a year) even with regular maintenance.

im far from a reel snob, but the extra $20 for the Daiwa is worth it.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Thanks for the advice. I still use my old green curados just looking to add a few more.

4. Member
    Carbonlite Baitcasters are made by Lews, Spinning reels made by Diawa
    I have both and would recommend for the price.

5. Member
    Back when I got into fishing, I started on bps extremes, some pflugers, and Curado 100b/200b. Twenty years later I still use the Curados, the others completely wore out. I can’t speak on behalf of the bps reels today, the carbonlite looks nice and I’m sure the dual braking works well. I’ve become a fan of of Daiwa in recent years. They have held up well and the braking system is awesome.
    Fuego ct or Tatula ct is hard to beat.

6. Member
    Thanks for the input guys looks like Daiwa today

7. Member
    They come highly recommended but that white is terrible looking.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    I had two BPS reels, both had two seasons of moderate use, both went in the trash can last fall because they were done.
    My first Tatula has eight seasons on it now. Even with a conservative calculation, it has an incredible number of casts on it. I switched my whole arsenal to Tatulas/Zillions.

9. Member
    At $129 or less on sale the Carbonlite is a very good casting reel. I know people that have been using them for years without any major issues. Is it as good as a $200 reel - probably not - but equal or better to other reels in it's own price range.