Berkley Nanofil Help For Replacement

So Berkley Nanofil is no longer made. I need some recommendations on what to replace it with. Price is no option just looking for the best spinning reel braid to replace it.

I could cast a country mile with the Nanofil and looking for something similar or better.

2. Member
    Gliss is probably the smoothest and longest casting “spinning reel braid” that I’ve ever used. Great for open water but it frays pretty easy when rubbed against docks or laydowns.

Only 1 reply. I know you guys have input on some good casting spinning line?

Please share your thoughts

Stay with Berkley and give X-9 a shot. Brian.

5. Member
    Nanofil is great but with it no longer being made, I’ve been using 131 as a substitute. It’s not Nano in terms of its casting distance - what line is - but it’s pretty good.

Power Pro Super Slick is all I use

Thanks Guys. I ordered some 131. I will take a look at the Power Pro Slick and the X9.

8. Member
    I too used the Nano and have switched all reels to Sufix nano with no complaints

9. Member
    I just got some 10# Spiderwire DuraBraid recently and am impressed with it so far. Only used it on about 4 trips but so far so good. Definitely not the casting distance of Nanofil but seems to be a quality product.

YGK a little bit more money but excellent line, yes it’s Japan line but it’s found at Tackle Trap and Hook Up Tackle.
    Other options: 131 or Power Pro Maxcautro

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    YGK a little bit more money but excellent line, yes it’s Japan line but it’s found at Tackle Trap and Hook Up Tackle.
    Other options: 131 or Power Pro Maxcautro
    Thank you and I agree. YGK SS112 has been my go to finesse spinning line for years. It was sold out for almost two years, but TT just got it back in stock. It is absolutely worth checking out, great stuff indeed.

12. Member
    P line tcb 8 is the longest casting braid i've used. It has completely replaced 832 for me, better in every way.

Gliss is the most similar to Nanofil, it's almost identical. As mentioned above, it will fray, but comparing diameter to diameter, I don't think it's any more prone to fraying than Nanofil. The lb test ratings are probably its biggest problem as people compare them to other lines. I wouldn't ever go with anything less than the 24 lb rated stuff for bass fishing. Don't let the lb test rating fool you, it's still very very thin.

Given that X9 was suggested, I need to throw the caveat out with it: The diameters that are listed are waaaay, waaaay off. It's at least twice as thick as the listed diameter. And to be clear, I'm not talking about lb test ratings with different diameters. I'm talking about the actual diameters they give in thousandths of an inch or hundredths of a millimeter.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Thanks guys looks like I have a few to buy and try.