Ninja Grass Blade

Where is everyone installing the Ninja, near the skeg, top, either side of doesn't it matter?

2. Member
    Put it on the top of the motor.

3. Member
    anyone mounted a pair? if so, best placement??

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

I recommend near the skeg for added protection from objects striking the NGB. I redesigned the NGB 2.0 so only one is necessary for normal use. Unless you are fishing jungle like conditions one should work. If two are necessary place the second opposite the first one.

Use as much of the cutting edge as possible. If you stick the tape on the NGB AND NOT TAKE THE WHITE PAPER OFF THE OTHER SIDE of the tape you can set NGB in place and see how close you need to be to the prop blade. See photo...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bassfish1; 03-12-2023 at 11:08 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    anyone mounted a pair? if so, best placement??
    Yes. Recently took them off to paint black and need to reinstall. I just put them 180 degrees apart.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Yes. Recently took them off to paint black and need to reinstall. I just put them 180 degrees apart.
    Exactly how I installed mine. Two work really well.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    I recommend near the skeg for added protection from objects striking the NGB. I redesigned the NGB 2.0 so only one is necessary for normal use. Unless you are fishing jungle like conditions one should work. If two are necessary place the second opposite the first one.

Use as much of the cutting edge as possible. If you stick the tape on the NGB AND NOT TAKE THE WHITE PAPER OFF THE OTHER SIDE of the tape you can set NGB in place and see how close you need to be to the prop blade. See photo...
    Any option available for the Ghost with an MK prop? This is becoming a popular upgrade/mod for Ghost owners, since the OEM Ghost prop is so fragile... but due to the bevel on the motor head and the lip of the MK sitting slighly proud I don't think either the standard or the current Ghost version of the Ninja Blade will work...

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Exactly how I installed mine. Two work really well.
    I had two on my Fortrex as well, 180* apart - really chews through the slop down here in Florida!

Have since upgraded to a Ghost, but have the Fortrex on the shelf... just in case :).

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Any option available for the Ghost with an MK prop? This is becoming a popular upgrade/mod for Ghost owners, since the OEM Ghost prop is so fragile... but due to the bevel on the motor head and the lip of the MK sitting slighly proud I don't think either the standard or the current Ghost version of the Ninja Blade will work...

I found doubling the tape - to add height - works. As you can see in the photo there is a slight etching on the NGB, which is no big deal. A person could run a file over the sharp edge of the prop area to minimize the etching. If you purchase it at Precision Sonar ask for Ryan and tell him you would like two pieces of tape.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    I found doubling the tape - to add height - works. As you can see in the photo there is a slight etching on the NGB, which is no big deal. A person could run a file over the sharp edge of the prop area to minimize the etching. If you purchase it at Precision Sonar ask for Ryan and tell him you would like two pieces of tape.
    Interesting... since it would be the standard verison, I already have two of those. Do you sell the tape serperately? Or is it just 3m tape I would pick up at Home Depot or Lowes, etc - or some special tape? Any lb rating?

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Interesting... since it would be the standard verison, I already have two of those. Do you sell the tape serperately? Or is it just 3m tape I would pick up at Home Depot or Lowes, etc - or some special tape? Any lb rating?
    Also Walmart - however it MUST indicate "outdoor use" on the packaging. Get the heaviest LB. rating for added thickness.