99 nx882 bilge pump question?

Anyone with a 99 ever change theirs. Just curious if you have to remove the fuel tank as I cannot see the bilge due to it being in the way. I can reach under and feel it but not sure how to change it. Frustrating.
    Added a pic for reference. The 2 red pumps are my livewell pumps and the bilge is under the gas tank. Sorry if there is something easy I'm missing. YouTube hasn't been any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jesse-C; 03-10-2023 at 04:18 PM.

2. Member
    Your pictured setup looks a lot like my old 2004 882. Mine was a super pain to get to as well. I was able to find a placement pump of same size and model. Look for the two clips on the side of the base and push them in (as I recall). The top pump part should be able to snap out of the base with just a enough room to wrangle the pump out with some patience. Cut the two wires and rewire to the new pump and snap it into the base. You may have to remove the live well pump and move the hoses a bit. You don't need any tools just try and get your fingers in there to push in on the base tab. Hope this helps. Best.
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

Update. Had to remove the tank. Maybe didn't have to buy it wasn't terrible and now I have all this room to work with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Wow - thats a lot of work. Plenty of room to work and get to dirty spots now. Looks like one of the live well hoses was crushed a bit under the tank. If you haven't done so already recommend you replace the fuel lines to the new etho-safe version while you have room to get to the filler neck and supply lines. Mine all had to be replaced due to major leaks. Great job.
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT