Polar Kraft TX 175 Jackplate Suggestions

Hey all,

I just picked up a Polar Kraft TX175. Im going to be putting a 60hp Evinrude on it. I mostly fish shallow rivers, so I'm looking to add a hydraulic jack plate to be able to run as shallow as possible. I'm a novice on jack plates. My understanding is the more setback the higher you can run you engine on plane. So should I be looking for the most setback and elevation or is there some other diminishing returns or some other factors I need to consider?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Why are you putting such a small motor on it?

3. Member
    It came with a 25hp and the max is 75hp. My 60hp still has 4 years of warranty, so I'm not giving it up quite yet

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Btmbass View Post
    It came with a 25hp and the max is 75hp. My 60hp still has 4 years of warranty, so I'm not giving it up quite yet
    I suppose that is an acceptable answer, just be careful mentioning your horsepower challenged (I think that is the correct term) motor on this board as many will call for suspension of your Man Card.

5. Member
    I think Poche has a 60 on his swamp bashing boat, Could drop him a line for advice?

6. Member
    Biggest concern is mounting it higher than your intake. If you want to run high, you should have a 4 blade SS prop to get the most lift. A standard 6" setback will be fine. Don't worry about that man card crap, I had a couple of 2 stroke Johnson twins and they were bullet proof, light, and powerful.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

7. Banned
    Are you running a jet and not a prop if so no real need for a jack plate unless you just wanna spend $$$

8. Member
    Water pressure is your friend. Get a gauge and make sure you keep enough pressure to keep your motor cooled. Not sure what your motor requires for pressure, but would think at least 10-15 at a minimum.