Crestliner xf 189 Pros and Cons

I keep going back and forth on buying a Crestliner xf 189. I almost bought a MX19, but heard they have porpoising issues. I'm afraid of the same issue with the XF 189. I'm looking at one with a 150hp. Lots of weight in the back of the boat. Any input is appreciated.

I looked at a lot of tin boats before I made my purchase. I was not impressed with the quality of the Crestliner boats when compared to a Ranger, Vexus or Xpress.

3. Member
    Thanks for your reply. Part of my problem is that Crestliner is some what of an unknown compared to the more common boat brands.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smallbass View Post
    I keep going back and forth on buying a Crestliner xf 189. I almost bought a MX19, but heard they have porpoising issues. I'm afraid of the same issue with the XF 189. I'm looking at one with a 150hp. Lots of weight in the back of the boat. Any input is appreciated.
    See below

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I looked at a lot of tin boats before I made my purchase. I was not impressed with the quality of the Crestliner boats when compared to a Ranger, Vexus or Xpress.
    I looked at those brands and came to the same conclusion.

6. Member
    Check out the Crestliner Owners Facebook page. Lots of owners over there.

7. Member
    Lots of Crestliners around here as we have a local dealer. One thing to consider is the XF189 doesn't have a pad hull. So, depends on what you're looking for. It's comparable to a RT188. Crestliner has stepped up it's fit and finish the last few years, but a lot of things that are options on their boats are standard on competitors.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

8. Member
    I boat an xf189 in October 2022 with a 150 pro xs. Pretty happy with boat as a fishing platform. Huge rod locker and front deck. Rides horrible in rough water but no real porpoising issues at full throttle. That being said it’s a 50 mph boat as I have it rigged. 2 talons , lithium batteries. Ultrex with360 and live targetlock. 2 helix 12’s on bow. Personally I think it bow heavy. These boats don’t lift much. Struggling to prop it right for more speed. Gave up my old Javelin for the space. Front deck is amazing. Would have gone with the MX if I had bigger garage. XF189 was the biggest boat I could fit in single car garage.