1992 21XTD Information

Could anyone give me info on this boat, Does it have the same great ride and speed as the XB, does it make a good bass boat. How are the handling characteristics and drivability. Is there any tackle and rod storage. Does it have a livewell, Thank you. PS this particular boat has a merc 2.5 200.
    Last edited by hunter35745; 03-09-2023 at 09:48 AM.

2. Member
    That model boat was first introduced in 86 or 87. It has comparable storage of boats from that time frame, however, nothing like today's boats. A large portion of your tackle would be on the floor. Livewell- yes. It is a light weight boat and narrow. It rides great and can be a 100mph boat with a 2.5 280hp. As far as fishing goes, it is not near as stable as current boats due to weight and beam. With 2 large people moving around, standing becomes a bit dicey. It is a no wood hull with a metal transom, so no worries about rot like most boats from that era. Most came with a tube trailer back then. If so, check for rot by tapping with a hammer and listening for dull sounding areas. It sounds as if you haven't seen one. There are several pics of different ones in the for sale section @ www.allisonowners.com.

3. Member
    Thank you for all the info

4. Member
    I've got a 92 XTB21 and love it, rides way better than a xb2002. If you need pics let me know, ive updated mine quite a bit.

5. Member
    Thanks fellows, but I now own a XB 2003, so wont need this info any more.

6. Member
    FWIW, I have owned both, and consider the 2003 the superior boat,