Seat Post Bushing

Just thought I would start a new thread on this. Long story short the bushing broke after a few years. As most know with the AVX line the posts can be a PITA to get out.

I used a wood chisel and cut down the side in a few different spots until the old bushing broke loose then used a screw driver to pry out the pieces. I shop vacuumed out the debris in the bottom and chiseled the pin off. I applied the glue in the kit to the new bushing and used the supplied tool and hammer to do the install. Glue probably wasn’t needed as its a pretty snug fit. Finished product looks like new.

Now to the problem of getting the post in and out. SILICONE grease (Super Lube) is the answer. Posts come out with only a slight pull. I bought the grease at Harbor Freight. If you have issues like I was this grease gets it done.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    Good to know! Thank you. My 1880 will be 4 years old this summer and I have yet to be able to remove the rear seat.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com