DF250SS ON 2011 Z8

I’m looking to put the Suzuki on my z8, would you or not? I guess I’m looking for pros and cons. and prop suggestions if I do so. thanks.

2. Member
    Most of the Z-8's I see are Mercury powered. There's Suzuki's and there are Suzuki's. What is the hull rated for and which Suzuki were you considering. Are you in it for speed, reliability or cost?

3. Member
    I guess you would have to look into the difference of cost of rigging a new motor on your boat and see what's cheaper. I believe that the 4S Mercury PROXS can use the same harness as 2S Pro XS motors, but the new Mercury may cost $4k more than a new Suzuki 250SS as well. As for the prop, I believe most of the Suzuki pros are still running the 27P Solas Scorpion.

As for switching from Mercury to Suzuki, I guess it all depends if you have a good local Suzuki dealer in the event something breaks or need warranty work. I've been happy owning a Suzuki and have done my own basic maintenance and it hasn't left me stranded yet.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

4. Member
    I’m looking at the df250ss, I have an opportunity to get into one fairly affordable. A friend is selling his Skeeter. So we may swap motors and I’ll give him the difference. Reliability is a plus, while hopefully I don’t lose much performance ��*♂️

5. Member
    The Suzuki will be a few MPH slower on top end but propped right gives great midrange punch. Love mine.

6. Member
    What’s your set up? If I can get it for the right price i’ll do it, most lakes im on as long as I get a decent hole shot and good midrange I should be good. I dont want to lose too much though.

7. Member
    I have a 210 super pro procraft. Great hole shot and mid range. Top end is low 70s but I never go over 67 or 68 just as I don’t like to drive that fast. 28 4 blade Suzuki prop.

Do you realize Jonny Morris may have a seizure if he sees a Suzuki on his beloved nitro?
    2019 PHEONIX 921 WITH SUZUKI 250SS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ampdreamer1 View Post
    Do you realize Jonny Morris may have a seizure if he sees a Suzuki on his beloved nitro?

Thanks for the laugh today.