Ark Essence Spinning Rod. Anybody use em?

Just looking for opinions here. Was checking them out online they look super sleek for the money? Anybody have on the water experience with them?

2. Member
    I have the Ark Reinforcer 610 ML spinning model. I really like the rod and would think that their other rods are worth giving a try, I know tacklewarehouse usually has Ark rods discounted heavily during Black Friday.

The Essence rods are excellent ,one of my favorites.

4. Member
    How do they compare to other rods in the same price range? Like the Daiwa Tatula, Dobyns Sierra/Champion XP, St. Croix Victory, etc.

I have had the Tatula 7'6" spinning rod in ML and the 7'6" Essence rod that I still have in ML. Both were very close in action, quality, and performance. I wold give a slight edge to Ark as it has better guides.

The Ark is a very good smallmouth hair jig rod.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    I have had the Tatula 7'6" spinning rod in ML and the 7'6" Essence rod that I still have in ML. Both were very close in action, quality, and performance. I wold give a slight edge to Ark as it has better guides.

The Ark is a very good smallmouth hair jig rod.
    Awesome info! How do you like the Ark for deeper water presentations, like drop-shot, neko rig, small tubes, spider jigs, etc

Quote Originally Posted by AustinC View Post
    Awesome info! How do you like the Ark for deeper water presentations, like drop-shot, neko rig, small tubes, spider jigs, etc

Average on sensitivity but I would say it is on par with a Dobyn's 742 Champion series. Well worth the money and you can get them on sale at Tackle Warehouse when they have sales.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    Average on sensitivity but I would say it is on par with a Dobyn's 742 Champion series. Well worth the money and you can get them on sale at Tackle Warehouse when they have sales.
    great! But in terms of backbone and action it should be good for those presentations? Sounds like it is just as sensitive or maybe even more than the tatula/tatula elite which was what I was originally looking at. The 7’6 ML is the exact rod I’m looking at so that’s why I’m intrigued to hear your feedback with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinC View Post
    great! But in terms of backbone and action it should be good for those presentations? Sounds like it is just as sensitive or maybe even more than the tatula/tatula elite which was what I was originally looking at. The 7’6 ML is the exact rod I’m looking at so that’s why I’m intrigued to hear your feedback with it.

I don't think you will be disappointed in the overall sensitivity of the rod. I would recommend using braid and fluro leading to up the sensitivity. For me this rod was my hair jig rod. I think it could do all the things you listed above.

More parabolic and gets good backbone about 1/2 way down the rod.

I also like the full handle on the rod as it help balance the rod as well.