Lake Gaston Fishing Reports ?

Will be heading there for about 5 days next week staying off of Stonehouse Creek. Just curious if anybody’s been fishing and how’s the bite been?

What temps are y’all seeing?

Next week is looking a little cooler than previous weeks. Assuming they’ll still be deep for the most part with the cold temps coming.

2. Member
    Only way you know is by putting that boat in the water!! I would say it hasnt broke 60 on the main lake yet.

3. Member
    Last I heard the water was in the low 50's. Some chilly nights ahead though

4. Member
    The water was in the upper 50”s on Monday in pea hill creek. It was in the mid 50”s on the main lake. Crank baits and shakey head worms . Jigs pitched around docks and rocks. They were all shallow.

5. Banned

6. Member
    Preciate it fellas, Going up Sunday night and boat will be in the water first thing Monday all the way through Friday.

Here's a picture from the last time I was at Gaston a little over 9 years ago

IMG_0563.jpeg

7. Member
    Keep us posted on how your trip goes!

8. Member
    Fished there today. We caught our fish on main lake rocky points. We fished in the wind and caught them on crankbaits. I had a 6 pound largemouth but most were spots. Some folks caught them on jigs and worms also.
    Good luck.

9. Member
    What water temps were you guys seeing?

10. Member
    52-56 degrees. Water is warmer in the creeks.
    2022 Falcon F195

11. Member
    Fish are chewing on Gaston right now. Took 21lbs to win two different tournaments this weekend.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane11991 View Post
    Fish are chewing on Gaston right now. Took 21lbs to win two different tournaments this weekend.
    Wow, I was way off the mark then. My dad and I could not figure out anything that good all weekend.
    2022 Falcon F195

13. Member
    Only fished for about 4hrs today from 2-630 caught a few 16" spots and a 2.5lb 16" crappie. One on a shaky head and everything else on a jerk bait.

All came from about 10-15ft of water some near rocks others off secondary points near deeper docks. Little windy today temps were 52-54 just east of Eatons Ferry Bridge.

14. Member
    If you want some stripers there are a lot in the creeks and they will smash a jerkbait.
    2022 Falcon F195

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzin frog View Post
    If you want some stripers there are a lot in the creeks and they will smash a jerkbait.
    Mind PMing me? its quite windy today and a lot colder, stripers might be the play today.

16. Member
    Wind on our side of the lake hindered our ability to fish where we wanted to and the cold temps didn't do us any favors, only fished one additional day for about 3hrs caught a catfish and a 3.9lb spot on an Alabama Rig.

Not terrible considering we only fished for about 8hrs total this week. Of course we left today and it was 0 wind and about 60 outside. Water was 50 this morning when I took the boat out of the water.

Baits of choice
    Shaky Head
    Rapala Jerk Bait
    Shanes Baits A-Rig