Thread: Bravo props

Bravo props

Recommendations on Bravo props. 2021 921 pro XP with Merc 250 4 stroke.

2. Member
    What prop and pitch are you currently running? It'll help zero in on pitch but most likely you'll want a 25.
    XS with 8 holes are usually easier to find and resale if needed. Just plug all the holes and go.

3. Member
    24 fury but it got damaged

4. Member
    I tried a 25 Bravo on my 921 and it was a little too much pitch. Could have just been that particular prop because Bravos usually are not stiff. It lifted the boat like crazy, but didn't have the speed. Only saw 70 at 5800. I turn my 24 Fury at 6000 and 74 mph fully loaded. Saw 76 once.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin928 View Post
    24 fury but it got damaged
    If your current rpm is close to max in cooler weather, 25 should be good. If you're running 6k or under in cooler weather, a 24.

6. Member
    I run a 24 Fury 4. 72 most days best I’ve seen with it is 74. Great handling and holeshot on 2019 921 Pro XP with Atlas and Merc 4XS

7. Member
    Run one pitch higher than you are with fury and I strongly recommend getting a pro finish for just a few dollars more

8. Member
    I'm assuming a 3 blade and what is "pro finish" ?

9. Member
    A Bravo is a four blade and a Pro finish is:

"Mercury Racing Pro Finish propellers retain the durability of a Standard Finish prop and the corrosion resistance of a highly polished surface while offering the benefit of a hand-finishing process. Mercury Racing propeller artisans start with a raw stainless steel propeller casting and finish and fine tune the propeller by hand. The end result is a blue-printed propeller that has perfectly matching cup heights across every blade and a custom blade thickness profile".

Even pitched Bravo props are the true pitched props and .5 or odd number pitched Bravo's just adds cup the bring the rpms down. Even number Bravo props still are a little shallow in pitch. So if you are running a 25 pitch Bravo, it is actually a 24 with more cup added until you get to a 26 pitch and then they add cup all the way up to a 28 pitch and so on. Fury props are truer to pitch but often have more pitch than what is stamped on the side. Best thing to do is run the prop and if it is close to what you are looking for then send it to your favorite prop guru and let him/her fine tune it to your specs. Good luck!!!!
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!