Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar

Fellow CZ Scorpion Owners

I've had one for a couple of years now and its been a fun piece. Have any of you experienced an OOB detonation with one? I've not, thankfully, but the possibility has me considering going with a nexus bolt and striker upgrade. Anyone put one in?

I have less than 500 rounds through my carbine, stock except for timney trigger and magpul grip. No problems yet.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

No issues here….
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Why would you be concerned about it firing out of battery? If any firearm fires out of battery that is a bad day but the same could be said about your brakes failing on your truck. It can all happen but it shouldn't and it is not worth worrying about.

5. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Why would you be concerned about it firing out of battery? If any firearm fires out of battery that is a bad day but the same could be said about your brakes failing on your truck. It can all happen but it shouldn't and it is not worth worrying about.
    Because OOB's have been an issue for the Scorpion. When 1 in a million brakes fail on a truck, its not worth worrying about. When the odds go significantly higher, it may warrant a little concern. If you own a scorpion and are blissfully unaware of this issue, you may want to do some research.

Can you be more specific about which Scorpion model…
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    The Evo 3's seem to be the most prevalent ones, but I don't know that they are more prone to it than other mods. Apparently its a bolt/striker issue that's causing it. There's a lot on Reddit in the czscorpion subreddit with some good photos of the part of the bolt to watch along with many examples of oob detonations. I don't believe it to be as widespread as many in the scorpion community fear it is, but its certainly something to at least be aware of.

8. Moderator
    I have had an EVO 3 carbine for 5-6 years now. Probably have 2K or more rounds through it with 0 issues. Completely stock internals with only external add ons.

9. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    I've only been in one a year or so now, so I'm by no means an expert on the platform. I do love the thing. 147g's with the wolfman on the end make for a quiet and fun little piece