Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    A software update is coming Lowrance is aware of this, The temp fix was the sonar defaults Till an update happens.

I hope so. I went out for the second time, 4 days, with AT2 this past weekend. It started the 3rd day...screen would go black...flicker once, then black, then after about 10 seconds...it would come back on. I ran the AT1 for nearly 2 years and never had an issue with it doing this. I thought maybe it was the heat, in the 90's Sat and Sunday, but on Tuesday, it was in the 50's and still did it. It is annoying but it does come back on.

There are times it will only show a bottom for 40 or 50 ft out...then just black bottom. Not sure if that is the angle being off or what? I need to check into verifying the mounted angle.
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

2. Member
    So I just ordered mine and then saw this. My AT1 has never frozen. What are the odds the AT2 will freeze? Should I just return it for a refund before I unbox it and wait until later?

3. Member
    I reported this issue to Lowrance techs on February 14, 2023. I also ran AT1 for 2 years with no issues but my AT2 is freezing up about once an hour. It sounds like a software update is being worked on.

4. Member
    Did you guys see Wesley Strader trying to reset his units today on MLF Live? Wonder if its the same issue.

5. Member
    About to take mine out to the lake for the first time. How do I reset if (when) it hangs up? Do you have to redo all the settings?

6. Member
    Mine just goes black, flickers off and on, then about 15 seconds later it starts working again.

Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    About to take mine out to the lake for the first time. How do I reset if (when) it hangs up? Do you have to redo all the settings?
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

7. Member
    Just sold all my garmin stuff which worked great but had the ghost tree. But no lag!!
    this AT2 is junk! I wish I would have kept my garmin now! Carbon 16 with AT2! First time out and it’s doing all this nonsense! 12.1 v and clean power! This is ridiculous! I screwed up buying this junk

8. Member
    There really needs to be an official public statement by Lowrance acknowledging the problem(s) or an email sent to all registered users so that we know what THEY know about the problem(s) and their plans for a fix. Getting secondhand info on here is not how you treat good, long-time customers. Doesn't make any difference if we are talking marine electronics, cars, kitchen appliances, any consumer good.

As of this date, Garmin has a superior FFS product and superior support. This coming from a Lowrance owner that has never owned any other brand.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterronnie View Post
    Just sold all my garmin stuff which worked great but had the ghost tree. But no lag!!
    this AT2 is junk! I wish I would have kept my garmin now! Carbon 16 with AT2! First time out and it’s doing all this nonsense! 12.1 v and clean power! This is ridiculous! I screwed up buying this junk

yes sir, you sure did. But maybe eventually, they’ll get it fixed.

10. Member
    This topic almost deserves to be a sticky until it gets fixed.

Cmon Lowrance, for those of us running these freezing/glitching AT2 units for MONTHS now, we need an update. Beyond sick of hearing the “coming soon” response.

Very happy with the range and clarity/noise improvement over AT1… need them to JUST WORK. Totally unacceptable and would recommend to anyone in the market for FFS - DO NOT BOTHER BUYING AT2 UNTIL THIS IS PROVEN TO BE RESOLVED. Buyer beware. Period.

Been a Lowrance user since the late-90’s, it’s amazing to me that they fumbled the AT2 launch so badly when it’s a like-for-like replacement of AT1.
    Last edited by mnmatt; 04-28-2023 at 02:41 PM.

Was the case ground wire installed from module to neg on battery, it must have its own isolated ground and cannot carry load or be shared, very important?
    The other mistake is connecting to the power ground ckt

Most DYS guys skip this, I have seen this omission several times when cleaning up their work..
    Last edited by lpugh; 05-03-2023 at 09:55 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Was the case ground wire installed from module to neg on battery, it must its own isolated ground and cannot carry load or be shared, very important?

Most DYS guys skip this, I have seen this omission several times when cleaning up their work..
    Is this for AT2 only, or AT1 as well. I don't think my AT1 is grounded this way, ie no ground wire off the AT1 module at all. But I will double check. It was dealer installed, previous owner had it done). I've actually considering adding another AT1 so I can run scout and forward at same time since AT1 prices are dropping and AT2 has so many problems right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Is this for AT2 only, or AT1 as well. I don't think my AT1 is grounded this way, ie no ground wire off the AT1 module at all. But I will double check. It was dealer installed, previous owner had it done). I've actually considering adding another AT1 so I can run scout and forward at same time since AT1 prices are dropping and AT2 has so many problems right now.
    Yes sir, it is in the install instructions and the small screw required was in the small parts kit.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

14. Member
    What exactly do the grounds on the modules do?
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

15. Member
    When dealing with boats, grounds serve two purposes . One is to provide a return path for supply voltages. The other is to provide shielding. Fiberglass boats require floating grounds. By that I mean all grounds require a direct or indirect path by wire to the negative battery terminal. On the other hand aluminum boats themselves can be grounded and many components such a bilge pumps can just be grounded to the boat itself with no problems. Todays modern boat electronics receive and transfer a lot of data that needs to be shielded from interference and other data sources. The best shield is a direct ground by wire to the negative battery terminal. Shield the Module!

16. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I’m just not understanding how the ground on the power supply cable doesn’t accomplish this. Easy enough to do the stand-alone ground on the top of the module. Better safe than sorry
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I’m just not understanding how the ground on the power supply cable doesn’t accomplish this. Easy enough to do the stand-alone ground on the top of the module. Better safe than sorry
    Power ground ckt caries a current and can actually transmit RFI, the shield collects RFI and neutralizes it to battery ground, case grnd/drain wire can not be used to carry a current flow.
    When you use lab scope or DSO on the ground you be amazed what can be seen, This is I keep hammering on these sites to twist all power/ground together as it cleans a lot of that noise up reducing interference in most cases.
    Last edited by lpugh; 05-04-2023 at 08:59 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Yes sir, it is in the install instructions and the small screw required was in the small parts kit.
    Well dang, thanks for nothing unknown Marine Shop Installer... guess I have another project to add to the list. Although technically it does say optional, which I guess is shop code for "don't bother with it..."

I'm sure i don't have that little screw since AT was installed when previous owner had boat, so will head to HD and try to find a small M4 screw I reckon.

Not sure about bonded/unbonded... so best to run directly to Neg lug on battery, or would connecting to blue sea neg bus bar suffice?

19. Member
    Going to the buss bar will suffice, that lead to the buss bar should be coming straight from the battery terminal anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Well dang, thanks for nothing unknown Marine Shop Installer... guess I have another project to add to the list. Although technically it does say optional, which I guess is shop code for "don't bother with it..."

I'm sure i don't have that little screw since AT was installed when previous owner had boat, so will head to HD and try to find a small M4 screw I reckon.

Not sure about bonded/unbonded... so best to run directly to Neg lug on battery, or would connecting to blue sea neg bus bar suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Going to the buss bar will suffice, that lead to the buss bar should be coming straight from the battery terminal anyways.
    yeah it does, strait from neg terminal, about 12" away :). Perfect.

Also, found this little guy in the "random parts" bag the dealer gave me when I bought the boat, and it does have that little screw :).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast