Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

thoughts on Motorguide Tour Pro

Anyone here have any real experience/opinions on the Motorguide Tour Pro? I need a trolling motor with spot lock for my boat, Tracker Pro Team 175, so I don't need anything overly powerful. 80lb thrust and 45inch shaft will suffice. I did have a Terrova on it a couple of years ago, and sold it cause I didn't like how slow the turning was, and couldn't stand the foot pedal. The remote worked well, but again, turning was slow. Really want an Ultrex, but that is just not in the budget, was looking at the Motorguide tour pro, but i can not find any decent reviews of it. any thoughts?

2. Member
    I've had mine for a little over a month. Several fishing trips. No problems so far. I love it. I replaced a Terrova.

3. Member
    Lots of conversations about this TM here on BBC and lots of opinions both ways. I have had mine for two seasons now and am very happy with it. Mine was covered under the motherboard replacement warranty so I had that replaced last winter. I wanted a TM with a cable steer so that when there is an electronics issue I should still be able to fish.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Had mine about 2 years and I like it. Like any of these new TM’s, it’s not necessarily perfect but it does what it’s advertised to do almost all the time and the cable steer will never leave you unable to fish.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    I used one, well two (1st one was replaced) from last April - November, running a lot and hard, and i like it, especially because I bought it here on BBC, new for $1500 door-to-door. If I had to do it over again and the MG TP and Ultrex were close in price, I would by the Ultrex....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

6. Member
    Best TM I have ever used.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

7. Member
    Absolutely not, I had one and it was the worst experience I have ever had with anything I bought for my boat. Never worked right from day one, customer service was worthless, told me to send it to a certified repair center or they could send me a new one in an unknown amount of time ranging from 4-8 weeks. Returned and got my money back, then went back to a Minnkota that I have never had a single issue with. Look at some of the threads on here and the MG group on Facebook and you will see all of the problems people have been having with the Tour Pro. There is a reason you don't see them on any Pros boats.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Absolutely not, I had one and it was the worst experience I have ever had with anything I bought for my boat. Never worked right from day one, customer service was worthless, told me to send it to a certified repair center or they could send me a new one in an unknown amount of time ranging from 4-8 weeks. Returned and got my money back, then went back to a Minnkota that I have never had a single issue with. Look at some of the threads on here and the MG group on Facebook and you will see all of the problems people have been having with the Tour Pro. There is a reason you don't see them on any Pros boats.
    So, it never worked...then you can't know if it's any good. The no pros is simply wrong. You really should stop posting about this TM.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    So, it never worked...then you can't know if it's any good. The no pros is simply wrong. You really should stop posting about this TM.
    Something that doesn't work isn't any good to me. What Elite Series Pro runs a Tour Pro?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kissfan4 View Post
    Anyone here have any real experience/opinions on the Motorguide Tour Pro? I need a trolling motor with spot lock for my boat, Tracker Pro Team 175, so I don't need anything overly powerful. 80lb thrust and 45inch shaft will suffice. I did have a Terrova on it a couple of years ago, and sold it cause I didn't like how slow the turning was, and couldn't stand the foot pedal. The remote worked well, but again, turning was slow. Really want an Ultrex, but that is just not in the budget, was looking at the Motorguide tour pro, but i can not find any decent reviews of it. any thoughts?

Very happy with Tour Pro 82, have had it close to a year virtually trouble free.

My pull cable just let go, the MG replacement cable is at least 2x diameter and clearances are tight. It is not the easiest replacement but a good upgrade.

11. Member
    I have had mine for 2 years, I got the upgrade dongle thing (software upgrade) and did that. No issues other than I had to install a locking stabilizer as I have had it come unlocked at speed if I ride with the motor pulled up high. For the money I would spend more and get a different motor, but if you dont have the spare cash it will get the job done. Also of note: 3 in one transducers are too long for the version without an internal transducer, I had to 3d print a nose cone to fill the gap.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Something that doesn't work isn't any good to me. What Elite Series Pro runs a Tour Pro?
    Last year 4 of the top 10 in BASS Classic were on Tour Pro.

Stetson Blaylock (@1:58), Joe Nania, Kyle Welcher (@1:35) and Taku Ito (@1:38).

- (Video Here).

Marc Frasier - finished strong in 2022

Believe Shin Fukae fishes Tour Pro on the MLF Side.

Blaylock, Both Frasier's, Welcher all still on Tour Pro this year.

13. Member
    That's about as disturbing as seeing old farts in Food Lion wearing Dale Jr hats , tees and sweatpants.

It's a stupid sunfish that gets out pulled by any carp or cat any day of the week. Good grief!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat's Dad View Post
    That's about as disturbing as seeing old farts in Food Lion wearing Dale Jr hats , tees and sweatpants.

It's a stupid sunfish that gets out pulled by any carp or cat any day of the week. Good grief!
    Whaaaaaaaat?
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

15. Member
    I haven't had mine long, but it's been flawless so far. I really like it.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2004 Optimax S/N: 0T795443

16. bullyfish
    Had mine for over 2 years and fish close 200 days a year best one I have ever used zero issues or you can spend 5000+ and get a power pole

17. Member
    If you get one that works the unit is flawless. If not, more challenges than it is worth.

JUNK!! Find last years 20+ page thread in here with guys posting all their issues and needing help getting them fixed.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    JUNK!! .
    Best trolling motor ever crafted by human hands, or otherwise.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

20. Member
    Whether it is junk, or the best ever troller made, one thing we know for sure is that it is NOT brushless. Just having the possibility of annoying interference is enough to keep me away from it in the future. Having had to deal with interference multiple times over the years, that would be a deal breaker for me. Not to mention the increased efficiency that a brushless motor affords.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast