Fed Chief and interest rate hikes

He is talking today and it sounds like the interest rate hikes will continue due to inflation. The market is responding and some think the next hike might be .50 instead of .25. Octobers lows are coming. Hold on to some cash for the great sales. Looking forward to buying VZ, CCI, NEE, PXD, INTU, ARCC, and PARA. Good luck to all.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Whats funny is that he didn't say anything new today. I think we should have already visited the lows. Gonna take some hot data to get us there.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    It’s surprising how little the rate hikes have slowed buying or home prices here. We’ve still struggled to even get agreement on homes at list price and are routinely beat buy 10%…many homes not lasting a weekend. I’d love a correction even if it means higher interest rates….
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    Was reading how the change in the way consumers have financed their homes in the past couple decades with low fixed rate loans vs. the variable rate loans of yesteryear, means that rate hikes have not had nearly the effect on consumer spending the way they did in the past. Fixed rate mortgages being 90% of all consumer mortgage loans today have shielded the consumer somewhat from the immediate impacts of rate hikes. That caught the fed by surprise and apparently is necessitating more dramatic rate changes to force the desired slowing of the economy in other ways.

5. Member
    Currently looking for a house and its been insane. Went to one open house the other weekend and it looked like a line for a Disney World ride, took 20mins waiting on line to see the house. No signs of slowing where I am. Not enough inventory and way too many buyers. Plus, so any people re-financed, why would they sell their house to buy another at 7%? I don't see it slowing anytime soon.

6. Member
    As long as house prices are elevated, sellers can easily afford to buy down the mortgage rate for the buyer, so the mortgage rate nearly becomes irrelevant. If the prices drop enough, this won't be possible and then you'll start to see a true decline in prices.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

7. Member
    The whole locked in mortgage rate is an interesting one. I locked in a couple years ago at 2.25 on a 15 year. I'm glad I did, but also feel like I'd be a fool to upgrade anytime soon. Like the house, don't love the house.

8. Member
    Just sold some covered calls on TLT this morning. I don't see a material drop coming in CPI for a few more months.