Can someone look at my Force mounting before I drill? Pics…

I’m about to drill holes to mount my force, none of the old ones line up. Can someone tell me if this looks ok? Also, the plate is not flat with the top of the boat, will that be an issue?

It looks fine to me.
    When i mounted mine the way the boat is made it was not flat front to back on the mount either. Mine is also and older model boat.
    What I did was went to Lowes and got some teflon spacers that are like around 1" long. Measured the gap i had in the front and jsut cut the spacer down to the size I needed and put them under the front of the mount.
    Its been there 3 years and never an issue yet.

3. Member
    I've only mounted Ultrex on my boat but I would move forward a bit. The idea of spacers under is a good one. I use spacers, rubber ones.

4. Member
    Consider which way you will turn TM when you store it. See if TM head is over the side of the boat. If so angle a tad bit more so that it is inside. If you use a cover on the boat this will probably impact which way you store TM. Where the TM is when stored is important as when it is deployed to fish. As said above I would push out about an inch in front. I used fender washers and nylon lock nuts. Best wishes!

5. Member
    Make sure to use some type of never seize on the threads of the bolts/nuts if using stainless steel hardware.
    You will thank yourself later if you ever try removing the mount.

Thanks for the replies. I will scoot it forward just a touch.

As far as spacers under each hole, would I want something on the softer rubbery side or hard like nylon?

What about these:
    Hard-to-Find Fastener 014973211844 211844 Rubber Washer, 5/16 x 1-1/4", Black, 8 https://a.co/d/dEMLHDL

7. Member
    It sucks when you are alone with no help, but i would put it together (less shock) and see how much the head sticks over the side of your boat. If you fish in skinny water and adjust the trolling motor up, it moves the head away even farther from the boat's edge when stowed which may cause you issues (like docking the boat and the trolling motor catching the pier post) - if this is something you do.

I put it together, marked the holes (just a few) and then took it back apart to mount.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    It sucks when you are alone with no help, but i would put it together (less shock) and see how much the head sticks over the side of your boat. If you fish in skinny water and adjust the trolling motor up, it moves the head away even farther from the boat's edge when stowed which may cause you issues (like docking the boat and the trolling motor catching the pier post) - if this is something you do.

I put it together, marked the holes (just a few) and then took it back apart to mount.
    That's how I did it, too.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

9. Member
    When mounting mine I went to lowes found a chipped piece of new vinyl plank flooring that they gave me and cut it to match mount.i dont like small spacers it put all the torque on those small areas.another thing if you dont want more holes in your boat drill the mount to match boat

10. Member
    I dont like the trolling motor when stored hanging past the edge of the boat you pull up to dock and for a boat cover