Thread: If

Banned

If

If you hadn't been exposed, to your religious beliefs, by your parents, or care givers, until you were about 25 or so , would you have the same beliefs?

2. Member
    Of course….I was saved at or around the age of 45. My parents rarely, if ever, attended church.

*You’ve asked this question one or two times already.
    Last edited by Chisco; 03-06-2023 at 07:47 PM.

3. Member
    You have asked this similar question, which you may have worded a tad different. As for me, you could say that, though religion was never an integral part of my life nor much of my household, even having attended catholic school for several yrs.
    Yet, here I find myself being a bondservant of Christ, with Him holding my very life in His hands now as I am in the fight of my life with cancer.
    You have been given many opportunities and guidance by many members, yet you are still asking regurgitated questions.
    One question, which has been asked of you many times without any reply, what do you believe? if anything??

4. Member
    rex, since I was exposed to a religious upbringing there is no way for me to answer your question.

I will say that even though I knew about Jesus, I did not know Him as my Lord and Savior until I was 35 years old. He is either Lord of your life or not at all. If you put material possessions or money before him then you do not know him either.

When we were communicating by PM, I asked you about your salvation and you replied that " a pastor you knew had asked you some questions and you answered in the affirmative". This was/is an ambiguous answer. I then asked you if you had accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, confessing your sins, repenting of them, and asking Him to be your Savior by Grace through Faith. I got stone cold silence. You did not and have not answered this direct question.

If you expect to be accepted as anything other than a troll, why not take a stand and man up.

Matthew 10:33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in Heaven.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    Now, there is a powerful statement, which I am sure may apply to many of us.

"I will say that even though I knew about Jesus, I did not know Him as my Lord and Savior until I was 35 years old. He is either Lord of your life or not at all."

I pray that the Lord will bless may in the future to make such similar statement about their walk with Christ.
    Very well said my brethren,
    Frank

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Now, there is a powerful statement, which I am sure may apply to many of us.

"I will say that even though I knew about Jesus, I did not know Him as my Lord and Savior until I was 35 years old. He is either Lord of your life or not at all."

I pray that the Lord will bless may in the future to make such similar statement about their walk with Christ.
    Very well said my brethren,
    Frank
    so true….there is no in between.

It is a well known fact that a organism is a product of its environment....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    It is a well known fact that a organism is a product of its environment....
    John,

Though that may bear some influence, I know of many people that grew up in a church environment, yet did not produce any of its fruits. Personally, I had very little interest in religion or Christian believes, even though most of my younger yrs attended catholic school as you know, yet, God has chosen me to minister onto those whom He brings onto me, even to this very forum. Amen

9. Member
    Fortunately…..environment, lifestyle, location, upbringing, etc. will not effect the power of God. God does search for His sheep as indicated in Ezekiel 34:11-13–

11 ‘For thus says the Lord God: “Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out.
    12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day.

See also Luke 19:10….
    10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
    John 9:35….Jesus sought after the man he healed from blindness and asked him if he believed.

Last edited by Chisco; 03-15-2023 at 06:04 PM.

You guys are such a good influence! Much appreciated.

11. Member
    God will put you where he wants you. If not then you take the credit and God doesn't get the glory. You decide .
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    97 Gambler Intimidater / 200 EFI Merc

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatrboy52 View Post
    God will put you where he wants you. If not then you take the credit and God doesn't get the glory. You decide .
    Would you be kind enough to please give us a bit of explanation on your thoughts? Thank you
    To God always be the glory. Amen

An immeasurable amount of people have come to Jesus Christ with no family history and no indoctrination by others. Just the influence of the Holy Spirit. If you seek Jesus, you will find Him, too.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by titanxt View Post
    An immeasurable amount of people have come to Jesus Christ with no family history and no indoctrination by others. Just the influence of the Holy Spirit. If you seek Jesus, you will find Him, too.
    Amen and amen

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatrboy52 View Post
    I am guessing you are a calvinist or determinist of some flavor?
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS