First time phoenix owner needs tips for rigging my boat from start to finish

My new 2023 921 elite should arrive this week
    I deleted the graphs and trolling motor from the build and added a GT 8 transducer glassed in and the new phoenix sea clear wiring harness.
    Waiting In my garage is the garmin force TM, 2 126 Garmin’s and 1 106 garmin along with Ethernet cords, lvs 34 and GT 36 ducer
    Any tips or tricks I need to know for installing all of this . Thanks

2. Member
    A lot of time, beer, and a friend for another set of hands is how I'd do it. You're going to need a bracket for those twin Garmins whether you put them on the console or up front. Precision Sonar is who I've used with excellent results.
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    Thank you

I ordered the dual mount shroud for up front by the TM

4. Member
    Yeah I'm in the same boat you are (pun intended). I'm also a new boater owner in general. I'm looking for tackle storage organization tips/tricks. Any game changer items that you wish you put in your boat sooner? Things that just make sense that someone new may not consider? I have a 721 ProXP. I don't know which plano boxes to get. Going from a 2' tackle box to a 20' tackle box is a little overwhelming.

Congrats on your new boat Richie. Post some pictures when you can.

5. Member
    I Installed livescope on my 2023 721 this past weekend. The area under the bow shroud is very accessible for running wires and mounting the black box in the starboard side rod locker couldn't have been easier. I did break a couple of the plastic screw covers on the bow shroud trying to get the screws in the fiberglass underneath but those are cheap and easy to replace. If you are going to use a power tool for those screws I would suggest using a drill instead of an impact and turning the torque down so you don't strip out the fiberglass, I had that happen on a previous boat. I am going to get bigger screws for mounting the black box. It has the key holes on it (holes are bigger at the top and smaller at the bottom) and they are oriented for the box to be installed with the connections facing down and I want them pointing up for routing all of the cables. This will make sense when you look at the mounting holes on the black box.

I have 2 106's mounted directly to the dual graph shroud at the console and fished for two weeks driving all over Okeechobee and never felt like my graphs were shaky or not sturdy. I also bought a dual bow mount from Bass Boat Technologies and am very pleased with the build quality on that. I haven't had it out yet to be able to give a full review but looks great initially.

I have everything connected on ethernet and NMEA 2000 (heading sensor and Mercury gateway) and running those wires to the bow and console was very easy as well. My only ding on Garmin, as this is nit picky, the screw in part of the ethernet cable connection doesn't allow you to tighten down the connection as much as I'd like, I know its not loose but it feels like it needs another 1/4 turn. The screw on part is a two piece thing that you snap on the plug after you run the wire so you can have a smaller rigging hole. I don't know about the phoenix but I put an ultrex on my last boat and the front 2 mounting bolts were impossible by yourself, I had to phone a friend.

Hope this helps, have fun rigging your new boat!

6. Scraps
    Harbor Fright and get a set of the fiberglass electrician's fishing stix. Makes pulling the cables delightful. And some patience along with the beers. Get a list together, make sure you have everything you need before starting.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    S S or black chromate screws, zip ties, wire terminal ends, various sizes and/or types. Soldering stuff and heat shrink or crimp type with shrink type insulators, and electrical tape.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also a good jackplate mount for the GT36, something like a Transducer Shield & Saver.

I'll second what BroWhoop said and also the fiberglass stix Krindgen mentioned. If you dont have a HF near buy, you can get them at Lowes.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS