Stick Marsh Water Release

While I was strapping the boat down to the trailer today at Garcia I had a gentleman that worked for FWC taking surveys on fish catches today come up to me. Unfortunately didn’t have much feedback to give him but he did tell me they were supposed to be releasing water into Garcia reservoir from the stick marsh. Does anyone know where I can find the scheduled times they pump / release water ?
    Marty Donohue
    Melbourne, Florida
    2020 1656 Havoc Marshrunner
    60 Suzuki hanging on bobs action series Jack plate turning a Powertech SRD316P 42mph@5900rpm 8’PP Blade
    Ultrex, Helix 9 MSI G3N, Helix 10 MDI+ G4N, Mega 360, Ionic lithium’s

Quote Originally Posted by Marty1656 View Post
    While I was strapping the boat down to the trailer today at Garcia I had a gentleman that worked for FWC taking surveys on fish catches today come up to me. Unfortunately didn’t have much feedback to give him but he did tell me they were supposed to be releasing water into Garcia reservoir from the stick marsh. Does anyone know where I can find the scheduled times they pump / release water ?
    Go about about 22 threads down from your post & there you are.

3. Banned
    It was supposed to be 1 inch per day in Feb, then drop a whole bunch this month. The number I heard was 4ft. Going to drop Three Forks at the same time.

4. Member
    Years ago the Three Forks area was dry most years, except for the channels. Was a God forsaken area for sure - always full of snakes and gators. That area for many years was only accessible by airboats and car toppers. I have heard many old stories about the area from there to Hell 'N Blazes. I've seen many a photo of 12-15 pounders from that area as well. The photo I remember most vividly was in summer of 1975 of a 15 lb 9 oz monster that was 28" long with a HUGE head and just a tad on the skinny side. I doubt there are any that size left
    Last edited by Flabasspond; 03-06-2023 at 04:57 PM.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1656 View Post
    The water flows north from the StickMarsh not south.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    The water flows north from the StickMarsh not south.
    That is correct... the water from Garcia goes through the zigzag canal to the lock or spillway at Stick Marsh and into SM from Garcia. Maybe they could reverse the flow --- but that would be a good trick with SM lowering. They are letting the water out the north gates out by the back lot.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

7. Member
    St. John's River would definitely appreciate the influx of water. River went from heavy flooding in Septembervto the lowest level that I have seen in 20 years.

8. Member
    Hmm, I've certainly seen it a whole lot lower