Thread: 3-4 report

3-4 report

Tough bite yesterday, wt 40/41* . I fished hard yesterday but really never got much, tried everything I could think of. Best bait was a rock crawler 55 crank bait. We are still fighting dirty water around sw Iowa I think that’s making it a little harder? Or I just suck Lol. Still fun to try. I did get one worth a picture though.
    98316805-A070-4B82-B95D-081EE2F4C409.jpeg

2. Member
    Let me put it in perspective for you…..

yesterday you fished open water in a boat and got the bass smell on your hands….

yesterday my friend drove his tundra out on the ice on clear lake and took his son ice fishing for the day with well over 14-16 of ice around these parts.

amazing what a difference a few hours south makes.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Tough bite yesterday, wt 40/41* . I fished hard yesterday but really never got much, tried everything I could think of. Best bait was a rock crawler 55 crank bait. We are still fighting dirty water around sw Iowa I think that’s making it a little harder? Or I just suck Lol. Still fun to try. I did get one worth a picture though.
    98316805-A070-4B82-B95D-081EE2F4C409.jpeg
    how are the lake levels in your area? As viking come up at all? We need rain!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowabass3826 View Post
    Let me put it in perspective for you…..

yesterday you fished open water in a boat and got the bass smell on your hands….

yesterday my friend drove his tundra out on the ice on clear lake and took his son ice fishing for the day with well over 14-16 of ice around these parts.

amazing what a difference a few hours south makes.
    Thats very true!! Any day on the water is a blessed day.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    how are the lake levels in your area? As viking come up at all? We need rain!
    They have come up maybe a foot but are still very low. If we don’t get lots of rain soon things might get ugly.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    They have come up maybe a foot but are still very low. If we don’t get lots of rain soon things might get ugly.
    Have you seen viking at all? Wondering if it came up any last Fall?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    So I was on Viking at the end of last season as ice was starting to float. I have not seen it open water this year but I bet it is up about a foot. Last year I had to back my trailer off the concrete ramp to get the boat off. Thankfully there wasn’t a hole there. Viking was hard fishing for me last year. I’m hoping for better this year.