Thread: Gun Broker`

Gun Broker`

Anyone shop / surf Gunbroker.com? Maybe its just me but after shipping etc they dont seem like all that much of a deal. Im typically looking at the used side of things and havent been impressed.

Maybe its just what i've looking at or maybe my idea of a deal just isnt realistic.

I’ve purchased several firearms off Gunbroker. It’s like any other auction site, you have to catch that occasional good deal in the deluge of junk. Very rarely have I found a true deal, but have ran across some hard-to-find-locally items that were worth bidding on.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

I buy in most cases between 8-12 times or so per year through Gun Broker but when I do I’m lookin specific older items. Example last month found a Colt Gold Cup National Match all high polished unfired from the 80s. If I were lookin more newer regular guns I’d prolly not buy there. I like supporting/buyin normal stuff from my local gun stores.
    Last edited by crank68; 03-05-2023 at 05:36 AM.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Up until the last 6 months, there were some decent prices but but lately, holy crap! Talk about a spike. I was bidding on handgun I've been hoping to add to my collection last summer and I stopped at $625. It sold at $630.Those same weapons are going for $850 min now. Bunch of them have gone for over $1000.

I've never found a deal on ammo due to shipping cost

5. Member
    I made two purchases off of GB last year. I feel that I got good prices even factoring in shipping , tax, and transfer fees. Part of that was researching prevailing prices based on completed sales and the other part was patience. Before I place a bid I total up all costs and won't allow the total to go beyond my comfort level. That avoids buyers remorse.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    Yeah it is much better for older classic stuff and not new stuff.

I look on there quite a bit but never bought or sold anything on Gunbroker yet. I have a Knights Armament AR that’s never been fired I’ve thought about posting but really don’t want to sell it.

I have bought some nice pistols at good prices. Then came the charge of sales tax and that slowed my interest. Plus the fact that my FFL raised their transfer prices and all of a sudden good deals are no more .

I use it to figure values and spend my time at gun auctions. Made really good deals at auctions and they're entertaining.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    I have bought some nice pistols at good prices. Then came the charge of sales tax and that slowed my interest. Plus the fact that my FFL raised their transfer prices and all of a sudden good deals are no more .

I use it to figure values and spend my time at gun auctions. Made really good deals at auctions and they're entertaining.
    Ive tried a couple online gun auctions and havent found them very good. I havent tried in person but just not sure how to even find them. Plus im a rookie so its hard for me knowing if im getting hosed or not. My good friend who really knows guns has so much money everything to him is a good deal if he likes it so I cant hardly take him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I look on there quite a bit but never bought or sold anything on Gunbroker yet. I have a Knights Armament AR that’s never been fired I’ve thought about posting but really don’t want to sell it.
    That’s a very nice gun…
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ive tried a couple online gun auctions and havent found them very good. I havent tried in person but just not sure how to even find them. Plus im a rookie so its hard for me knowing if im getting hosed or not. My good friend who really knows guns has so much money everything to him is a good deal if he likes it so I cant hardly take him lol.
    There is an auction barn south of me that has gun auctions every now and then. There is one this Wednesday @ noon. He usually has them at 6pm so people don't have to miss work. I'm debating leaving work early to go. If you can avoid some of the auction goers while they are at work, then deals can be made.

I have gotten a few good deals in the last year on GB but you have to filter in no CC charges and/or free shipping etc. I buy most of mine at Scheels or local guns shows but there is not always everything in stock so you have to go shopping across the web.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

13. Member
    There is an auction barn south of me that has gun auctions every now and then. There is one this Wednesday @ noon. He usually has them at 6pm so people don't have to miss work. I'm debating leaving work early to go. If you can avoid some of the auction goers while they are at work, then deals can be made.
    Ill have to hunt and see if I can find this auction. An excuse to take off work.

I have had luck with super new stuff on GB, like 6.8 western ammo at case volume substantially less than retail. Also learning some sellers like reeds sells 5 cases of 300prc for 2$ a pop. Thats a lot of brass powder and lead in a 222gr eldx

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ill have to hunt and see if I can find this auction. An excuse to take off work.
    robinsonsauctionservice.com

16. Member
    MAny thanks

17. Member
    You just have to keep an eye on the auctions and look for those underpriced auctions to snipe at the end. Most of the sales are MSRP pricing and way overpriced shipping but deals can be found.

March 16 @ 6pm he has another. Some high quality pistols and rifles will be auctioned off.

19. Member
    March 16 @ 6pm he has another. Some high quality pistols and rifles will be auctioned off.
    Saw that... might play hookie from work.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    You just have to keep an eye on the auctions and look for those underpriced auctions to snipe at the end. Most of the sales are MSRP pricing and way overpriced shipping but deals can be found.
    You can't really snipe on GB due to the 15 minute rule. Most auctions are extended and other bidders are given 15 minutes to respond to each new bid