2003 Tracker Grizzly 1754

The boat fishes well. The boat runs in flat water great. But...
    Let there be a chop on the water and it'll shake your fillings loose. It'll shake everything on deck from rods to coolers from bow to stern. We removed the console a couple of years ago and put a thicker floor and new ribs under the console and it helped just a little. (the aluminum console would shake so violently, you'd think it was going to shake free of the floor)
    It's a rattly ride in the least chop, a terrible ride in anything more.
    Is there a way to alleviate this? I was thinking the replacing the aluminum console with an ABS plastic like the newer consoles. While not stopping the flex, at least the console wouldn't shake so violently.

2. Member
    I'm afraid that the ride you're experiencing is the nature of the beast with a relatively flat bottom boat. Great on smooth water but progressively rougher as wave height increases. my 1987 tracker TX17 had a similar design and would beat be up in 1-2" waves whereas my 2018 PT190 with a sharper rise and bow is a much better ride.

The best analogy I can give is the effect of slapping the water with an open palm vs. hitting it with the edge of your hand.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Member
    "The best analogy I can give is the effect of slapping the water with an open palm vs. hitting it with the edge of your hand."

That about sums it up...