Need a little trouble shooting help

I had several little cosmetic things done to my boat over the Christmas holidays and new years. While my boat guy was doing these touch ups and adding some led lights he also did all my motor maintenance work. So today is the first day I have had a chance to fish since the maintenance. Boat performed just fine and never noticed anything different but I did not run above 60. When I was heading in for the day I was cruising along at 60mph with very little trim. I decided I may run a little faster so I decided to bump the trim up a little. When I did it felt like I just lifted the gas pedal. No miss that I could tell in the motor at all. Did it again and the motor rpm gauge dropped 100-200 rpm instantly. It did this every time I would just bump the trim up. When I would hold the trim down after the initial drop it would regain the rpm and the motor would just keep gaining speed as the motor trim went up. It was definitely noticeable when that very instant it would drop RPM. Any thoughts?
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    Possibly a weak battery maybe affecting the motor (ecu) when hitting the trim?
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    Also my first thoughts. Wouldn't the motors charging system running at 60 keep the voltage up?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    What happens at idle when you trim up?
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

5. Member
    Nothing. No change at all

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    My 300R does that sometimes as well at higher speeds. The trim motor will draw a lot more amps at higher speed, since the engine torque is trying to push the lower unit under the boat and you have to overcome it. I thought it was the battery as well, since I only had a 780CCA AGM battery (no electronics in this boat). However, I switched to an AGM X2 group 31 1150CCA battery and it does it sometimes as well at higher speeds. Don told me that can happen at times.

7. Member
    I will check out the battery. What is crazy is that I have had this boat 17 years and this is the first time it has ever done this. My battery was low in years past but I did not have this happen while running. Maybe just the battery i have now??

8. Member
    I would think it would throw an alarm if there was a voltage drop when trimming. It was common on mine before I put a new battery in it.

9. Member
    I would check the alternator too. I had issues with my old 225 ProXS and initially thought it was the battery but the alternator wasn't putting out enough voltage. It was putting out enough to keep everything running but I had issues under a load like that.