Question for anyone running lithiums in a X19

The question, Did going to lithiums create a balance problem?

Why I'm asking, I went through my boat and removed a lot of unneeded gear and rearranged the other day. My next trip out, with a buddy, my boat ran bow flat maybe even bow down a little until I filled the livewell. I am going to move a bunch of the heavy stuff to the rear and go again this week to see if that helps.

I was looking at going to lithium this year but I'm concerned about the balance after cutting that much weight. I really don't have that much more to move to the rear and don't want to have to add ballast.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

2. Member
    Just went lithium and yes it dropped the bow over what was happening b4. I lowered plate 1/4" and helped some but still not lifting as well. Considering getting back to looking for some props. Transom lift not as needed as b4 lithiums but my sho prop was lifting bow and letting me get on pad. Now with two of us it doesn't. Slowed me down considerably. Prop blew out was reason for lowering plate. That worked but lack of lift is concerning.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

3. Member
    I've got a slow boat that's not an Xpress but I'll share.
    Tracker Classic XL, 50 Merc.
    I cruise at ~30mph. After going to all lithium batteries (-~100 on the rear) and changing trolling motors (+~25 on the bow) I was crashing through waves. I asked a friend about lowering the motor (no jackplate). He said that would help blow out but wouldn't lift the bow any. He suggested adding more cupping to my prop. The prop shop I use agreed. He added some cupping (I think he used the term "at the tip") No, when cruising I can trim up and get enough lift to go over waves, instead of through them. Top speed is back to weight movement level too. (only 39mph fwiw)

Edit/added- IMHO lithiums are worth it even if you have to throw a bag of sand in the back of the boat.

4. Member
    Recently added 2 50 amp lithiums to my 2021 X 18 and the only difference is the improved hole shot due to losing 75 pounds of lead from the switch. Had hoped to see a small increase in top end but so far I haven't seen any that I can notice. I was also worried about handling but it was not an issue in my case.