Old Speed Spools

I've got four old ones. Two boxes say Browning and two other boxes just say Lew's and I feel certain all are 30 years plus old. They are all marked BB-1NG They all work, but they could all use a tune up. Does anyone specialize in these reels that I could send them to and if not what's a fair price to sell all of them for? I prefer my newer ones with the faster gears.

Is there still a premium David Fritts crankin' price on these things or has that passed?

I already gave first didbs to a guy, but he wants to find out what they would cost to get them humming again before he commits. They may just need oil and greese but some parts may be worn that should be replaced if they are still available or I guess you could use one reel for parts if need be for the other three.
    Last edited by Nat's Dad; 03-04-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Ed Collier at Outdoor Accessories is a great reel repair, cleaning etc guy. Great ol store and great people !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Great reels but the parts that break the most are obsolete. I would also recommend outdoors unlimited in Kenly.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    Great reels but the parts that break the most are obsolete. I would also recommend outdoors unlimited in Kenly.
    The boxes have a little bag of replacemnt parts inside. What part are you talking about?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat's Dad View Post
    The boxes have a little bag of replacemnt parts inside. What part are you talking about?
    The pawls. Wish someone would fabricate them and sell them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    The pawls. Wish someone would fabricate them and sell them.

this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/11520914039...Bk9SR4TtvrrZYQ

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat's Dad View Post
    Looked at it and didn’t see any listed for Lews bb1 or bb1ng.