Looking for Good Bass Fishing around Knoxville

I have to take care of some family matters in Knoxville that will have me in town for about 7 days. My home lake is Guntersville and thought I might bring up my boat and do some bass fishing if any of the near by waters had decent bass fishing. If anyone could make any recommendations that would be great. I'm also open to fishing multiple lakes in the area from small to big as long as I can put my bass boat on it.

2. Member
    The obvious "local" choices are Loudoun and Tellico which is the site of the upcoming Bassmaster Classic. Loudoun is more of a river and is largemouth dominated, Tellico is a typically deep and clear smallmouth fishery. Launch at the canal that joins them and you have easy access to either. Loudoun would be my choice between those two. To the east a bit is Douglas. Another deep and clear lake. I've never been on it, so no opinion on it.

3. Member
    If you're in town mid March thru May Loudoun can be really good. After that the bite dies substantially and the wakesetters and yachts run the place.

Douglas is a very good numbers lake once you figure out the highland lake type fishing if you're unfamiliar.

Cherokee is a pretty good trip for smallmouth during the spawn. Seeing a smallmouth come out of the rocks from 15' deep to eat a top water is something else.

Then if you want something a little more familiar there's watts bar.

You can be on all of those within an hour from Knoxville.