Thread: Wheeler

Wheeler

How has the fishing been on Wheeler lately?

2. Member
    It’s been pretty good lately. The tournament last weekend had 8 bags over 20lbs. It’s producing.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
    It’s been pretty good lately. The tournament last weekend had 8 bags over 20lbs. It’s producing.
    Good deal. Thanks for the feedback. Heading there tomorrow for the first time. Just moved to the area from Kentucky Lake.

4. Member
    How is the boat ramp at Cowford Campground? Seems like the closest for me, but just wanted make sure it was a good one and open to the public.

5. Member
    I lived up that way back in the early 90's. I caught fish regularly on the left bank past the old paper mill or whatever it was up from Elk River. Launched at Elk River. Watch that ramp if the water is low. Used to launch at Cowford launch ramp. Grass used to grow right out next to the creek Chanel. There is also a lot ditches right out from the launch ramp. The papermill or whatever it was is on the Tennessee River on an outside bend in the river.

6. Member
    Launch at Cowford is good. If there is a heavy wind blowing down river ( rare but happens) launch is not a good one!

7. Member
    Good deal, I appreciate all the help. We launched at Cowford and had a pretty decent day of fishing despite the muddy water. Caught them on everything from a wacky rig, a spinnerbait to a DT6. Is the current usually that strong? Much more noticeable than Kentucky Lake.