Thumbs Up Need Advice On Good Boat Insurance

Hello all...

Wanted to get input from you guys about your experience with the different brands of boat insurance. Looking for a good company that will handle my claim with good service with reasonable premiums. I had Progressive on my old Nitro NX750 since they had the best price for premiums. I've since sold that boat several years ago and I never filed a claim... so not sure how good their service is. I'm now looking to buy a Crestliner XF 179. Any suggestions and input on boat insurance is much appreciated.

2. Member
    Call Worldwide Marine. They specialize in boat insurance. Bob, the owner, is a tournament angler himself so he knows all the ins and outs of covering a boat with lots of electronics, rods, tackle, etc.

He used to post here quite a bit and may still be a sponsor. I know he covers a lot of guys here.

http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassooka View Post
    Call Worldwide Marine. They specialize in boat insurance. Bob, the owner, is a tournament angler himself so he knows all the ins and outs of covering a boat with lots of electronics, rods, tackle, etc.

He used to post here quite a bit and may still be a sponsor. I know he covers a lot of guys here.

X2.... He is the right guy to call. I have been very happy with him. He has been very responsive and has a good staff at the office. He also uses your input to put a value on your boat, electronics and tackle. Some places use a standard book value and cannot relate to what graphs, trolling motor, and rods and reels cost.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

4. Member
    I've bundled my insurance and get great rates from State Farm. I've insisted on replacement value, so I'm paying higher premiums. I spent 20k on my 1 year old 188 in 2017. It'll go for almost 40k with the features listed below.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    I've bundled my insurance and get great rates from State Farm. I've insisted on replacement value, so I'm paying higher premiums. I spent 20k on my 1 year old 188 in 2017. It'll go for almost 40k with the features listed below.
    Whats cost? Thats the route Im going. We have everything with state farm.

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    X2.... He is the right guy to call. I have been very happy with him. He has been very responsive and has a good staff at the office. He also uses your input to put a value on your boat, electronics and tackle. Some places use a standard book value and cannot relate to what graphs, trolling motor, and rods and reels cost.
    Gotta love the blanket coverage that might get you basic stuff you'd find at Walmart. I don't even want to know how much money is under the front deck and in electronics on my boat. Probably way more than what your average Tracker owner would ever have. Some things are best left a mystery, lol. Might need to up my coverage...
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

7. Member
    Cost is $319 annually.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassooka View Post

Thanks for the info. I see they are located right here in Michigan where I live. I'll be giving them a call to get a quote for sure. Thanks !

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoreline51 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I see they are located right here in Michigan where I live. I'll be giving them a call to get a quote for sure. Thanks !
    You won't regret it. Worldwide (and Bob) are great to deal with. They also make sure you are taken care of if you ever have a claim.