Thread: TRX 18???

TRX 18???

I have been boat less for over a year and I am going crazy. I have not been in a smaller boat for years. In 2005 I went with a Ranger 520 and since I have had tow more and my last boat was a Z521.

It's not in my budget at this time to buy a big boat and I found what I believe to be a good deal on this Triton TRX18 and its something I can afford.

Can you 18 foot boat owners tell me how this boat handles. It has a 200 Optimax on it. Thanks for the pros and cons.

My first boat was a 18 foot Ranger 354 and I loved it but that was 25 years ago.

2. Member
    I love mine. I upgraded to it from a tr186 with a 150 on it. It's way bigger up front and way faster. Gets a little loose and you have to drive it from 63 to top speed which is 67ish. Super stable in rough water and handles chop while running just fine. Zero complaints. Mine is a 2017 with a pro xs 2 stroke
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

The 18TRX is a 18' 10" boat and is plenty wide up front, The rod locker is the only complaint I have due to the overall length, Mine is stable up to 68.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrude View Post
    The 18TRX is a 18' 10" boat and is plenty wide up front, The rod locker is the only complaint I have due to the overall length, Mine is stable up to 68.
    Good description covering the main points. There are a number of other things I really like about mine.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by beagledogxxx View Post
    I love mine. I upgraded to it from a tr186 with a 150 on it. It's way bigger up front and way faster. Gets a little loose and you have to drive it from 63 to top speed which is 67ish. Super stable in rough water and handles chop while running just fine. Zero complaints. Mine is a 2017 with a pro xs 2 stroke

Thank you for your input. What prop are you running?

How long is the port side rod locker, how many rods can you store in it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Good description covering the main points. There are a number of other things I really like about mine.
    Please describe what all you like if you wouldn't mind. Thanks
    Last edited by cosmoranger; 03-04-2023 at 10:56 AM.

What prop are you running? Thanks

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmoranger View Post
    Please describe what all you like if you wouldn't mind. Thanks
    I like the twin separate livewells with each having aerate, recirculate, and pump out features. Like that it came with jacplate, hot foot battery charger, stereo, ruler, built in running lights, console/cockpit lighting all led, rod locker and storage lighting, 41 gal fuel tank, manual and auto bilge pump, and a 200h.p. Rating.
    Trailer with folding tongue and disc brakes, gator hyde finish, aluminum mag wheels and probably several other thing I forgot.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoranger View Post
    7'6" and there are 11 tubes in it!
    Last edited by Danrude; 03-04-2023 at 08:03 PM.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

12. Member
    24 pitch fury with the 2 stroke pro xs
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

7'6" and there are 11 tubes in it1

Thank you

24 pitch fury with the 2 stroke pro xs

Thank you

15. Member
    2018 18TRX with 200ProXS. I upgraded to the Triton from a Nitro Z18 with a 150. The triton is head and shoulders above the Nitro in all aspects from fit/trim to performance. The Triton fishes much bigger than 18'10. Wide and stable. Depending on set up, top speeds can be from low 60's to 70 ish. I have a 24 Fury on mine and run in the low to mid 60's and can drive one handed without any walk. For me, I was more interested in overall performance, not just how much faster I could go, so I settled on the 24 Fury. Super fast out of the hole. Rod locker storage is very good. Good storage overall and well sealed compartments. My only regret is not upgrading to the dual axle trailer. I honestly do not have any negatives to talk about big or small.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarren2019 View Post
    2018 18TRX with 200ProXS. I upgraded to the Triton from a Nitro Z18 with a 150. The triton is head and shoulders above the Nitro in all aspects from fit/trim to performance. The Triton fishes much bigger than 18'10. Wide and stable. Depending on set up, top speeds can be from low 60's to 70 ish. I have a 24 Fury on mine and run in the low to mid 60's and can drive one handed without any walk. For me, I was more interested in overall performance, not just how much faster I could go, so I settled on the 24 Fury. Super fast out of the hole. Rod locker storage is very good. Good storage overall and well sealed compartments. My only regret is not upgrading to the dual axle trailer. I honestly do not have any negatives to talk about big or small.
    Thank you!

17. Member
    Best riding boat I have ever owened. I have had 19 ft, 20 ft tritons, two Nitro Z8s . this boat rides better than the bigger boats I have owned. my boat is not fast, 65 at best on average about 63. tournament load. seen 66-67 once.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    Best riding boat I have ever owened. I have had 19 ft, 20 ft tritons, two Nitro Z8s . this boat rides better than the bigger boats I have owned. my boat is not fast, 65 at best on average about 63. tournament load. seen 66-67 once.

thanks for your input. I’m not a speed junkie especially in a smaller boat. I will be happy running 55 comfortably!

19. Member
    If you remove the tubes from the rod locker it will handle any length rod. it's held in place with a few screws.