Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    You must have got a fluke then or they don't make them as good anymore. I have some that are 10 years old and still work like new.
    this.. both me and my dad are still using presidents with the rosewood handle that’s been flawless. They’re 10-15 years old. The newer ones seem just as dependable and we have about 4 of those. I worked at Gander for over 5 years and they were the best selling spinning reel we had. In all that time I’ve never seen a president come back to the store.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. Member
    Looks like it's the regal for me
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    You’d be surprised how good the Regal is for $50

A friend showed me a Revros several years ago and I was impressed that it was only $50. Skeptical, but impressed. Now I’m really curious, is the Regal for only $10 more even better (noticeably)? These are probably very good recommendations for the very low price point.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    A friend showed me a Revros several years ago and I was impressed that it was only $50. Skeptical, but impressed. Now I’m really curious, is the Regal for only $10 more even better (noticeably)? These are probably very good recommendations for the very low price point.
    I’ve got 3 of the Regal LT 3000 and they’ve been great. I also have 3 of the Revros spinning reels before they came out with the LT models. They’re also smooth and bulletproof. So I could only recommend the Regal since I have not used the Revros LT. Though I’m sure it’s as good as the rest

5. Member
    I havent seen the Revros, is it in the same price point as the Regal? What the diff with the LT designation..lighter weight?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

6. Member
    The Revros is stupid good for $50. The friend that showed them to me is a smallmouth & tournament fisherman, so they get put to use. I’m saying this as an Exist user (though I won’t go so far to say I’m willing to trade down, LOL).

”LT” means light / tough. “MQ” is a whole different category of refinement that you need to watch for in the future. It started in their top of the line Exists, and is starting to trickle down. You’re starting to see that design all the way down to their $240’ish price point reels (Daiwa).
    Last edited by JJohnSind; 03-07-2023 at 07:25 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    You’d be surprised how good the Regal is for $50
    My friend who I fish with has both, prefers the Diawa Regal over the new Pflueger President. The current generation President are not built as good as the generation before (more plastic, less metal)

I don't get the "trade in". Why do I have to trade in a reel, for a discount on a reel. I don't have anything I want to get rid of.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    I don't get the "trade in". Why do I have to trade in a reel, for a discount on a reel. I don't have anything I want to get rid of.
    Then don't worry about it.

10. Member
    The new Presidents are garbage.

11. Member
    You can buy a $6 reel at bass pro then trade it in at the time of purchase for a $30 discount on a new reel. They donate the reels to kids
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

12. Member
    I really like my diawa Fuego. About to order another.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

13. Member
    I've used Shimano high end reels for years. My son gave me a Supreme XT last year for Christmas. I "put it in the fishing shed" for one of the grandkids. I was bored one day and put it on a shakey head/drop shot rod just for the heck of it. I was very impressed with it's performance. It fishes just as well as my expensive Shimano's. I actually bought another one last week during the BPS spring sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12