Step Box Update Option

I am looking to either recarpet or use a different material to update my current step box. It is one of the carpeted ones before the new fiberglass ones came out. Has anyone used a sea-deck/dura-deck (or similar) material on these? I feel like the dura-deck would make it look more updated and help to tie together the cockpit area that I also plan to do in dura-deck. I know there is a guy that builds custom step boxes with this material but figure it would be more cost efficient to spruce up the one I have.

Thanks!

2. Member
    When I had Dura Deck redo my whole boat, they also redid my carpeted step box as well. From talking with them, they had to rebuild the whole box and sand it down in order for their material to stick.

step box.jpg
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    When I had Dura Deck redo my whole boat, they also redid my carpeted step box as well. From talking with them, they had to rebuild the whole box and sand it down in order for their material to stick.

step box.jpg
    Wow, your boat looks fantastic!!!
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Where did ya get you boat done at? Cost?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfishwilb View Post
    Where did ya get you boat done at? Cost?
    I took my boat down to Wilmington, NC and had Dura Deck Marine do it and it took them a week to do it. The cost was cheaper than a new set of power pole blades, roughly $4k.
    Last edited by booter; 03-07-2023 at 10:35 AM.

I was actually planning stripping it down and taking a router to all the edges to smooth it out if I went the Dura Deck material route. Is your boat the Lynx they posted somewhat recently? It looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kmwabass16 View Post
    I am looking to either recarpet or use a different material to update my current step box. It is one of the carpeted ones before the new fiberglass ones came out. Has anyone used a sea-deck/dura-deck (or similar) material on these? I feel like the dura-deck would make it look more updated and help to tie together the cockpit area that I also plan to do in dura-deck. I know there is a guy that builds custom step boxes with this material but figure it would be more cost efficient to spruce up the one I have.

Thanks!
    I was actually planning on stripping it down and taking a router to all the edges to smooth it out if I went the Dura Deck material route. Is your boat the Lynx they posted somewhat recently? It looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post

step box.jpg
    I was actually planning stripping it down and taking a router to all the edges to smooth it out if I went the Dura Deck material route. Is your boat the Lynx they posted somewhat recently? It looks awesome!

9. Member
    Congrats booter. That looks very nice.
    2023 Puma STS

10. Member
    Yes, that was my boat and I posted more pics of it on the BC FB pads and in the BBB general bass boat topics forum a few months ago.