Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    That was a pic of some I sent a friend. I have many that are better suited for bass. If you need a few tied up and sent to you let me know. Most of my bass jigs are olive, black, crawdad and pb&j patterns. All have Krystal flash in them for effect. Marabou jigs are incredible in the way they flow through the water when using a stop and go retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    black and if you need to change colors I recommend black.....................
    hey now!!!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Quote Originally Posted by 492slayer View Post
    That was a pic of some I sent a friend. I have many that are better suited for bass. If you need a few tied up and sent to you let me know. Most of my bass jigs are olive, black, crawdad and pb&j patterns. All have Krystal flash in them for effect. Marabou jigs are incredible in the way they flow through the water when using a stop and go retrieve.
    I will soon find out as the ice just left some local ponds. Al Lindner got me all excited about marabou jigs on his show a while back, they look great coming thru the water, like a leach or something? What do you use them for bass? Someone told me all I need is black.
    Last edited by yanknbass; 03-30-2023 at 03:27 PM.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

4. Member
    First day I ever fished in Maine we were on Lake Damariscotta. This was back in the late 90s. I used a 1/4 ounce black marabou, tipped with a black 101 uncle josh pork trailer. I had never fished one before and had never primarily targeted smallmouth bass anywhere. I caught over 40 smallmouth that day up to three and a half pounds on the marabou. The rest of the week was equally as good.

I make hair jigs as well as marabou. I have come up with a hybrid design using both that looks exactly like a pork trailer on a marabou when its wet. I will be selling on Ebay soon. Hopefully within 2 weeks. My Ebay handle will be the same as my BBC.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 03-30-2023 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    Basscat21 is a great man!! Makes the best looking hair jig ive ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    Basscat21 is a great man!! Makes the best looking hair jig ive ever seen!
    very high quality!

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    First day I ever fished in Maine we were on Lake Damariscotta. This was back in the late 90s. I used a 1/4 ounce black marabou, tipped with a black 101 uncle josh pork trailer. I had never fished one before and had never primarily targeted smallmouth bass anywhere. I caught over 40 smallmouth that day up to three and a half pounds on the marabou. The rest of the week was equally as good.

I make hair jigs as well as marabou. I have come up with a hybrid design using both that looks exactly like a pork trailer on a marabou when its wet. I will be selling on Ebay soon. Hopefully within 2 weeks. My Ebay handle will be the same as my BBC.
    awesome, good luck on the new venture!

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

8. Member
    Here in Idaho, mostly smallies. I like a 3/16 -1/4oz with the clear deep reservoirs we have. I will not hesitate to go up to 1/2oz if I'm fishing deep (40-50'). The advantage of the marabou in my opinion is it's a natural feather and really has nothing to restrict its movement. It will really flare up when stationary and with a bit of Krystal flash, really pops when moving in the sunlight. I have a wicked little crawdad pattern that I've tied for 30 years that I've caught largemouth to 10lbs with. I add a couple claws made from grouse or pheasant feathers that flow in and out as the marabou undulates.

9. Member
    My favorite smallmouth patterns are: boutube -- bucktail and marabou jig with a 3/4" skinny tube cap; black.

Rabbit strip streamer with bucktail wing, most often black, but occasionally olive or light grey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12