Trim cylinder not extending

I am currently swapping a power trim assembly from a 150 black max to a xr-2 150. I got the "new' assembly bolted on and bottom pin installed. Took 2 of 3 leads green/black and touched them to negative and positive battery posts reversed them and then did the same to the blue/black leads. Each time the motor/pump would run and the cylinder wont move from the retracted position. I did drain the assembly dry before I installed it and now it seems to not want to take fluid either. Anyone that can help point me in the right direction?

2. Member
    air locked , might try opening relief valve and raise mtr full up by hand lock there with lever see if it will take fuild then close valve , why did you drain it ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I'll try that. I drained the old fluid bc the black max 150 the assembly was from was sitting in my yard for 2-3 years. The motor itself is already lifted, the cylinder is still retracted. They are not connected yet by the top trilobe pin, only the bottom one is in