Break-in new boat

Just got my Z21 with Mercury 250 ProXS. My question is, how is the fuel consumption on these motors? I'm one that does not generally fill my fuel tank all the way. About how much fuel do y'all think it will take to do the first 2 hours of the break-in?

2. Member
    I have a 225 which I would guess has similar gas consumption to the 250. I did my break in 2 weeks ago. I ran it for 2 1/2 hours. I put 25 gallons in my 45 gallon tank. My gauge went down about a quarter. I didn't add any back so I'm not sure how much I used unless you want to take a quarter of 45 gallons as a ball park figure.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

I mean during break in why not, you want to load the engine. GPH numbers can be found online.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

What he said...

Yup fill it up to get max load on board and your going to use it soon. Make sure to have a few cool down cycles one at 1 hour and one at 2, 5. So you actually have to fish for a hour or more ��

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I mean during break in why not, you want to load the engine. GPH numbers can be found online.
    Agreed. You are going to burn a bunch of fuel during break in, fill that sucker up.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package